Institute for Mental Health and Wellness
The Institute for Mental Health and Wellness is a new national foundation dedicated to advancing mental, social and spiritual well-being. Created to include participation from organizations across sectors and perspectives, the institute is committed to addressing the most critical mental health challenges facing America and transforming individual and community wellness. Guided by a national advisory council chaired by Maureen Bisognano and Chief Executive Tyler Norris, the institute will serve as a leader in such areas as innovation and integration, community investment, campaigns, research and policy.
The institute will implement innovative solutions, investments and partnerships that help:
- Eliminate the stigma of mental illness and ease access to care;
- Build resilience in children, teens and families and seniors;
- Reduce suffering from depression, anxiety and social isolation;
- Curtail substance abuse;
- Create hope for people with serious and persistent mental illness; and
- Grow healthy equitable communities that support human flourishing.
When Providence Health & Services and St. Joseph Health came together to form Providence St. Joseph Health in July 2016, the combined new organization made a commitment to mental health and wellness, funding the institute as an independent entity with an initial seed endowment of $100 million.
Equity + Opportunity
Innovation | Partnerships | Campaigns | Public Policy | Grant Making | Research | Education