Our caregivers (all employees) are at the center of our population health efforts. Their health and well-being are as vitally important as the health of the patient populations we serve.
Each day they come to work ready to improve the lives of countless individuals. But how do we care for them? A suite of preventive health and wellness services are offered to support their physical, emotional and financial health.
“Promoting caregivers’ health and well-being impacts their life both inside and outside of the workplace,” said Lisa Amour, RN, director of employee health and well-being. “Creating a healthier community starts with supporting our caregivers’ well-being, which can include physical, mental and spiritual needs.”
A legacy of population health
At Providence’s founding, the Sisters recognized the importance of caring for those who care for the patient and were among the earliest providers to formalize population health efforts. In 1880, the Sisters established the first prepaid health plan and were willing to take care of people on a budget. Providence remains committed to the Sisters’ promise, offering innovative health and well-being programs to our own caregiver population.
Caregiver Assistance Program
Our award-winning Caregiver Assistance Program offers help for a wide range of needs – from finding child care and creating a family budget, to overcoming depression or addiction. This resource is completely confidential and available at no cost to caregivers and their family members. Services include:
- Daily living resources (such as finding pet care, a swimming pool or soccer camp; buying a car; healthy eating information)
- Legal support
- Financial support
Medical Plan Assistance Program
Free or reduced-cost medical coverage is available to qualifying caregivers based on household income.
Providence offers a number of well-being resources to caregivers. Highlights include:
- Weight management program and support for eligible participants who are covered under our medical plans administered by Providence Health Plan through Omada (formerly Prevent)
- Well-being resources, health incentive activities, health assessment, wellness journeys, health coaching and more powered by RedBrick Health
- Tobacco cessation programs through Quit for Life
- Shopping for health and dental care supported by Castlight
- Activity and recreation discounts through LifeBalance
- Campus fitness centers (at select locations)
Employee health services and injury prevention
- Initial intake of all occupational injuries
- Annual Influenza vaccinations
- Consultation on return to work and ADA accommodations
- Safe Patient Handling training
- Ergonomic training, assessments, construction and design consultation
- Customized injury-prevention training