Integrity and Compliance
Integrity and compliance program
The Audit and Compliance Committee of the Providence Board of Directors approved and updated the Integrity and Compliance Program Description in 2016. The Integrity and Compliance Program (Program) applies to all Providence ministries including our hospitals, clinics, senior and community service entities, university, high school and others. The Program also applies to Providence’s wholly owned or controlled entities commonly known as Affiliates, including: Swedish Health Services; Swedish Edmonds; Kadlec Health System; Pacific Medical Centers; and other organizations that may join Providence as an Affiliate unless specifically noted otherwise. Providence and its Affiliates are collectively referred to as "Providence" in all compliance related materials.
The Program Description is a high level summary of steps Providence implemented to incorporate recommended compliance program guidance from the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General. Our Program serves as the foundation for our commitment to an ethical organizational culture and compliance with laws and regulations.
Our Program provides support to our health care, insurance and educational operations through a collaborative partnership with those we serve. This program is intended to provide reasonable assurance that Providence:
- Establishes, monitors, and supports high professional and ethical standards
- Supports initial and continuing compliance education and training
- Complies in all material respects with federal, state and local laws and regulations that are applicable in our operations
- Maintains a mechanism (through the Integrity Line at 888-294-8455) for reporting integrity, compliance or legal concerns
- Satisfies the conditions of participation in health care programs funded by the federal and state governments
- Promotes self-monitoring and provides for, in appropriate circumstances, voluntary disclosure of violations of laws and regulations
- Reviews, investigates, and acts on allegations of violations and misconduct
Learn more about our policies:
Have an integrity, compliance or legal concern? Use this reporting website to report any activity that appears to violate laws, rules, regulations, standards or federal health care conditions of participation or our Code of Conduct.