ProvidenceReady connects career seekers of all ages to health care careers through experiential learning and work experiences. Our innovative and award-winning program encourages career seekers to explore the many career opportunities that exist within health care and provides experiential opportunities such as paid internships, and more. Our mission is for career seekers to make better-informed career decisions and to create pathways for careers within Providence. We hope to motivate and inspire individuals on their own career pathway.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, between 2019-2029, health care is predicted to be the fastest growing employment sector with an anticipated 15% job growth. For the career seeker, it is important to know that additional schooling is associated with higher pay and less unemployment over the course of one's lifetime.
For high school students, ProvidenceReady events can demonstrate relevancy to classroom learning and may be used to meet high school graduation requirements. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to partner with teachers, counselors, and schools to bring health career exploration to students.
Find Your Calling at Providence
With a free career building workshop, a ProvidenceReady professional will come to your school or organization to give a one- to two-hour workshop on the topic of your choice. Each can be customized to best suit your students’ needs.
To inquire about a workshop, send us an email.
- Health care career overview to cover workforce projections, a brief overview of in-demand health care careers, and which careers require two years or less of post-secondary education. It is a great intro into the world of health care and career exploration.
- Mock interviews and resume writing, in a comfortable environment. Students also learn tips and tricks for creating a winning resume.
- Professionalism in the workplace, including an opportunity to practice navigating professional dilemmas. This is a great intro into workplace etiquette for students who may soon be entering the workforce.
- Applying for a job at Providence. This works best in a setting where students have computer access to set up a profile and can actually apply for jobs. Students will also gain knowledge of how to apply for future careers as they gain education and experience. Requires a resume and job history information.
We really appreciate you taking the time to complete the surveys below. They are very important to us being able to create more resources like this in the future.
Before watching these videos, please complete this short pre-evaluation survey.
After watching these videos, please complete this short post-evaluation survey.
Anyone may participate in ProvidenceReady events. Career Highlights and Surgical Viewings are designed at the high school level however adults may attend as well.
No. Every ProvidenceReady live event is free of charge.
No. ProvidenceReady does not allow students to engage directly with patients, in adherence with HIPAA regulations regarding patient confidentiality. Students who attend surgical viewings are required to sign confidentiality statements.
- Take chemistry, biology, math and other science-related courses
- Challenge yourself with AP or honors classes
- Keep your GPA up
- Keep your immunizations up to date
- Talk with professionals about their careers
- Take CPR and basic first aid courses
- Learn a second language that is commonly spoken
- Develop your computer and writing skills
- Request college catalogs and make campus visits
- Attend college open houses and informational sessions
- Explore scholarship and financial aid opportunities
- Consider volunteering or working in a health care area to improve your chances of standing out on college and scholarship applications