ProvidenceReady Alaska Summer Internships
Kickstart Your Career
Start your non-clinical career in health care with a ProvidenceReady Alaska summer internship! Health care is a team sport and that team includes many non-clinical professionals. Our internships are designed to provide on the job learning, mentoring and exposure to what it's like to work for the largest health care employer in Alaska. Internship opportunities are available in:
- Human resources
- Project management and organizational change
- Information technology
- Supply chain
- Population health – health promotion and disease prevention
- Marketing and communications
- Food and nutrition services
- Engineering and facilities management
- Revenue cycle management
- General healthcare administration
Depending on your background and career interests, opportunities may be available in Anchorage, Seward, Kodiak and Valdez.
Internships will be in person, with occasional remote work depending on the intern’s host department’s operations. This is subject to change based on COVID precautions.
Interns will gain experience working in a highly matrixed health care organization. Each intern will be paired with a host department and supervisor, where they will have hands on work experience, mentorship and exposure to what it takes to run health care organizations. Interns will also:
- Participate in Providence’s new caregiver orientation
- Learn Providence’s deep history in Alaska
- Get experience working with Office 365 products like Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
- Learn about trends in health care administration from experienced executive leaders
- Get presentation and public speaking practice in an end of summer presentation
- Make connections in Alaska’s largest health care employer
We’re looking for the next generation of biggest hearts and brightest minds.
Candidates for our intern positions must be:
- In college or graduate school in Alaska or have a substantial connection to Alaska AND
- A rising senior, in their last year of undergraduate or associate degree study, in graduate school, or within six months of graduation AND
- In good academic standing AND
- In one of the following degree programs or majors: business/business management, supply chain management, project management, computer science, journalism, communications, public health, health care administration or similar
- Able to pass background check, drug screening and caregiver health screening
Interns should expect to work no more than 32 hours per week and no more than 8 hours per day, during normal business hours. The internship will start on May 23, 2022 and end on July 29, 2022.
Apply through the Providence Jobs site. Please include a resume, cover letter, and transcript. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- What interests you in working for Providence?
- What are your career goals and how would this internship help you achieve those goals?
- If you are not sure what your career goals are yet, tell us why you picked your major and what has most interested you in that area of study.
Interviews will be conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams. Invited candidates will interview with one to four representatives from host departments most relevant to their career goals and/or academic background. Expect at least 6 interview questions.