Fundraising Support Groups
Since it's inception in 1985, the dedicated women of the Camino Health Center Auxiliary, have raised nearly $7 million to support Camino Health Center clinics located in Lake Forest, San Clemente and San Juan Capistrano. These funds enable the health center to provide high quality, affordable medical and pediatric dental care for the community's uninsured or underinsured. Learn more about the Camino Health Center.
2018 Camino Health Center Auxiliary Executive Committee
- Executive Committee Chair/Fundraising Events - Susan Hoffnagle
- Membership Chair - Ann Morris
- Fundraising Chair - Linda Berkshire
- Fundraising Chair - Patti Fukushima
- Community Relations Chair - Lynn Maioriello
- Camino Health Center Chief Executive Officer - Deb Drew
- Camino Health Center Financial Services Director - Garth Jorgensen
- Camino Health Center Auxiliary Founder - Gaye Birtcher
Officially founded in 1984, the Camino Health Center Auxiliary (CHCA) has since raised more than $7 million through fundraisers like its annual fashion show to help fund vital programs and services, supporting Camino Health Center's mission of providing affordable, high quality medical and pediatric dental care to the uninsured and underinsured in the community.
Camino Auxiliary membership is $200 (includes all meetings and meals) and renews annually effective July 1.
This support group is dedicated to ensuring that women of all ages receive quality health care. They are committed to meeting the medical, surgical, educational and spiritual needs of women in our community. Each spring, they hold a luncheon and fashion show fundraiser, with proceeds benefiting Women's Services at Mission Hospital. During October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Valiant Women host a THINK PINK Breast Health Wall of Honor at The Shops at Mission Viejo to raise money for Mission Breast Health Services.
Annual Memberships are:
- $50 for Mission Hospital Caregiver Membership
- $100 for Annual Membership
- $250 for Business Membership
- $2,500 for a Lifetime Membership
Supporting Women's Health Care and Nursing Education in Our Community
What is Valiant Women?
The term Valiant Women comes from Proverbs 31: 10-31, a beautiful passage depicting the qualities and value of valiant women. "When one finds a valiant woman, her value is far beyond pearls."
The Valiant Women of Mission Hospital is a support group of the hospital dedicated to ensuring that women of all ages receive quality health care. This special group supports Mission Hospital and is committed to meeting the medical, surgical, educational, and spiritual needs of all women in our community. Accessible and quality health care for all women and educational support of the Mission Hospital nursing community is the mission of the Valiant Women. In these times of uncertainty in health care, no woman should be put at risk because of the complexity of the health care system or lack of exact diagnostic equipment.
Since the formation of Valiant Women in 1994, we have raised over $3.65 million which has helped thousands of diverse women receive superior health care services over the years. It is our mission to now accelerate our fundraising efforts to increase the number of women who can be helped by the Valiant Women. Women are generally the primary care givers of families and have multifaceted responsibilities which require a strong physical and mental state. We believe it is our obligation to help women in this regard so that they and their families can thrive.
2018-2019 Valiant Women Board of Directors
- Lisa Brabender - Chair
- Kimberlee Davis - Vice Chair
- Tricia Raymund - Immediate Past Chair
- Serena Benson - Sponsorship Chair
- Linda Birck - Membership Co-Chair
- Deb Foster - Membership Co-Chair
- Carolyn Mower - Luncheon Chair
- Mary Miyamoto - Wall of Honor Chair
- Monique Berry - Communications Chair
- Ellen Edington - Volunteer Chair
- Patsy Sanquist - Retailer Liaison
- Karen Carnahan - Secretary
- Kay Clements - Socials
- Joanne Maguire - Promotions
- Pat Atallah, RN - Nursing Liaison
- Jill Brubaker, RN - Nursing Liaison
- Vicki Carabini - Advisory Council
- Lisa A. Dale - Advisory Council
- Pat Hwang - Advisory Council
- Barbara Massrey - Advisory Council
- Susan D. Morrison - Advisory Council
- Susan Jacobson - Women's Wellness Center Representative
We invite you to join Valiant Women! You will have an opportunity to meet other caring people, share your leadership skills and utilize your experience and talents to make a difference in our community.
In addition to the invaluable programs supported by Valiant Women, 100% of all membership dues support nursing scholarships. These funds enable our dedicated nursing professionals to attend conferences and seminars to acquire the latest medical information and to advance their knowledge through the completion of doctorate, master's and bachelor's degrees.
Mission Hospital Foundation
27700 Medical Center Road
Mission Viejo, CA 92691