When your child has a serious illness with an uncertain future, your world is turned upside down. Hospice Kids Care is here to help. We provide supportive care for young patients and their families at the same time they receive treatments, such as chemotherapy, that are intended to cure their condition.
Our team provides services in your home in order to control your child’s symptoms and help your entire family feel supported and cared for. We work closely with you to determine needs and offer everyone mental, emotional and spiritual support and counseling, in addition to physical support for your child. Our focus is on improving your child’s quality of life and helping your family through this difficult time.
To learn more about whether concurrent care — receiving curative treatment and hospice care simultaneously — is the right choice for your child and how we can help, speak with your child’s doctor.
We offer the full scope of hospice services, including:
- Case management by a registered nurse
- Durable medical equipment
- Medication for pain and symptom management
- Nursing aide visits to assist with personal care
- Physician oversight
- Regular home nursing visits and 24-hour access to a registered nurse for urgent questions and support
- Social worker support
- Spiritual care
- Volunteer support
- One year of bereavement support for family members, consisting of mailings, memorial services and grief support
Professionals who may be involved in your care include:
- Doctors — your child’s primary care doctor or the hospice doctor
- Nursing aides
- Social workers