If you have prediabetes or other risk factors for type 2 diabetes, it’s time to take charge of your health. Participating in the Choose2Change lifestyle change program offered at the Providence Little Company of Mary Wellness and Activity Center can help you make lasting changes to prevent type 2 diabetes. Remember, lifestyle is everything – healthy attitude, healthy life!
With the Choose2Change program you get:
- A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) approved curriculum
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants with the same goals as you – and fun
- A year-long program with weekly meetings for the first 6 months, then once or twice a month for the second 6 months
The lifestyle changes you make in the Choose2Change program will help you prevent or delay type 2 diabetes. You may have prediabetes and be at risk for type 2 diabetes if you:
- Are 45 years of age or older
- Are overweight
- Have a family history of type 2 diabetes
- Are physically active fewer than 3 times per week
- Ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes) or gave birth to a baby that weighed more than nine pounds.
Make a change – START TODAY!
If you think you may be at risk for prediabetes and type 2 diabetes:
- Click on the brochure below and take it to a health care provider
- Ask to be tested for prediabetes. The health care provider may do a simple blood test.
- Ask the health care provider to fill out the Recommendation Form on the brochure.
- Take the completed form to:
Providence Little Company of Mary Wellness and Activity Center
470 N. Hawaiian Ave.
Wilmington, CA 90744
If you don’t have a health care provider, call us at 424-212-5640 to find out if you qualify for the program