Providence Holy Cross Foundation enables the medical center to keep pace with advances in lifesaving technology while responding to the unique needs of our San Fernando Valley communities. As financial challenges in health care mount, our foundations become more important than ever, helping to fund advanced medical technology and state-of-the-art facilities. They are the bridge between philanthropic community members, local businesses and corporations and our medical centers' needs.
As a non-profit organization, we rely on community philanthropy as we strive for excellence in all that we do – and to provide the best care possible to the patients and families we serve.
Your contributions enable us to purchase essential medical equipment and keep pace with technology, to improve our programs and facilities, and to offer valuable clinical education for our nurses and caregivers of all kinds.
Investing in our most precious patients
Providence Holy Cross Medical Center believes that everyone in the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys deserves access to world-class health care close to home. We also believe that newborns who require extra help at birth to make a healthy start in life deserve every advantage they need to thrive.
We are enthusiastically undertaking a $6.4M initiative to expand and modernize our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) to better serve the thousands of new or growing families who rely on us for care each year.
Your generosity enables our doctors, nurses and clinicians to provide the highest quality care to thousands of patients in their hour of need. Our mission to provide compassionate service to all who need it is possible because of the support we receive from friends like you.
A few of the important needs at Providence Holy Cross we are so grateful to be able to meet with your gifts include:
- A palliative care comfort suite and treatment cart, specially designed to create a more relaxed and calm atmosphere in which to deliver palliative and end-of-life-care to patients
- A mobile clinic van to provide health care to low-income communities
- Integrated Carescape Cardiac Monitors with our current hospital-wide monitoring system to provide real-time waveforms and vital information to enhance productivity and drive clinical excellence
- Steris operating room tables to benefit patient safety and assist physicians and staff
- Training and clinical education for dozens of nurses, as well as participation in the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition Program®
- A club car for the security department, to provide expedient patient, volunteer and staff escorts to/from parking areas and to make security rounding more efficient
Providence St. Joseph Health wants you to connect with us to connect you to the best in health care for you and your family. Check us out on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to see what’s new at Providence: new programs, new classes, upcoming events and the latest medical news. Navigate around our websites and find physicians, specialists and other experts. And keep in touch with us by following our blog. There’s always something new at Providence. Just make the connection. Thank you for your interest in Providence St. Joseph Health.
Caring for our community
Nationally recognized for clinical performance and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is the only community hospital in the San Fernando Valley to be twice re-certified as a Magnet hospital for Nursing Excellence. It is one of the only medical centers in Los Angeles equipped with a Level II trauma center offering 24/7 care for the most severe and life-threatening emergencies. New investments in radiology, intensive care and a palliative comfort care suite continue our tradition of ensuring the highest-quality experience with our uniquely compassionate approach.