Magnet Benefits and Designation
Health care organizations that achieve Magnet designation empower their nurses to reach their true potential, with a detailed roadmap to advance nursing excellence.
Earning Magnet status demonstrates to the community that Providence Mission Hospital recognizes the invaluable potential of nurses to lead change and provide excellence in patient care.
Benefits of Magnet designation include:
- Improved quality patient outcomes
- Increased nurse retention and recruitment rates
- Higher rates of job satisfaction
- Higher patient satisfaction rates
- Recognition and reward for clinical competence
- Enhanced welfare and workplace safety for nurses
- Support of and opportunity for nursing education, advanced career development and specialty certification
- Sense of pride in our workplace
Providence Mission Hospital received our first Magnet designation in 2012, our second designation in 2017 and are in the process of earning our third designation in 2021! Only eight percent of hospitals nationwide have achieved Magnet designation. We are proud of our Magnet culture that values excellence in patient outcomes, nurse work environment and interdisciplinary collaboration.
To learn more about Magnet hospitals, please visit the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program® website.