The Auxiliary of Mission Hospital, a nonprofit charity organization, supports Mission Hospital by being the main source of volunteer support with many volunteer positions that provide service and support to patients, visitors and staff, but does not do direct patient care.
We sincerely appreciate your consideration to volunteer at Mission Hospital. We value our volunteers and their commitment of their time, talent and service. Volunteering at Mission Hospital is a wonderful way to give back to your community.
Before You Apply to Become an Auxiliary Volunteer
Before you apply to become a volunteer, please view these questions to ensure that you are able to fulfill the role of a volunteer at Mission Hospital.
If you feel your volunteer desires align with the Auxiliary of Mission Hospital and you are dedicated to putting the needs of our patients and their families first, please continue the application process by clicking here to review general volunteer positions. We are accepting application for positions at both our Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach campuses.
Steps to Becoming an Adult Volunteer
- Download and complete an application. Please email completed applications and or questions to email@example.com.
- Wait for application approval and telephone interview
- Attend a personal interview
- Begin TB testing and other medical testing as required
- Pass criminal background check
- Acquire hospital identification badge
- Acquire hospital parking pass
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Participate in training specific to your volunteer position
- Volunteer four hours per week for a minimum of one year
Cope Health Scholars – College Program
College students interested in volunteering in the health care field, please visit copehealthscholars.org, which offers hands-on experience working with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals.
High School students interested in volunteer opportunities at either the Mission Viejo or Laguna Beach campus must be actively attending a local high school.
Download the high school volunteer form to learn more about high school volunteering, eligibility and to apply for a high school volunteer position.
Eligibility Requirements for High School Volunteers - Download HS Volunteer Program Eligibility
- Applications are accepted annually between October 1 – 14, mail in applications only
- Students must reside (live) within the Capistrano Unified School District, Laguna Beach Unified School District or Saddleback Valley Unified School District
- Students must be in their freshman or sophomore year of high school
- Students must be at least 15 years of age to enter the volunteer program
- View the list of high school volunteer positions
- Other volunteer opportunities in Orange County
If you have questions, please contact the Mission Hospital Auxiliary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Mission Hospital Foundation. Volunteers are an integral part of helping us reach our goals. Working together as part of the Mission Hospital family, we provide the funds and services to make a difference in the lives of those in our community.
Fundraising Committee Volunteers
Serve on one of the Foundation's major event fundraising committees
- Valiant Women Luncheon and Fashion Show
- Golf Classic
- Valiant Women THINK PINK Breast Health Wall of Honor
- Camino Auxiliary Fashion Show and Luncheon
- Holiday Gala
Serve on one of the fundraising support groups
- Camino Health Center Auxiliary
- Valiant Women
Fundraising special events
- Assist with advance preparations for major events
- Helping at the venue on the day of the fundraising event