With a dedication to medical excellence, Mission Hospital offers the latest advancements in robotics technology; the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System.
Robot-assisted surgeries are high-tech procedures with the potential for significantly less pain, decreased risk of complications, shorter hospital stays and faster returns to normal daily activities.
Mission Hospital was the first hospital in south Orange County to use the Da Vinci Xi Robotic System, a state-of-the-art surgical machine that’s revolutionized the way complex surgeries are performed. With the da Vinci Surgical System, surgeons operate through just a few small incisions, and use robotic arms to complete their procedures.
The da Vinci robot is made up of various arms attached to a base unit. The robot’s base is wired to a computer console, where every arm movement is controlled by a trained and experienced surgeon. The arms feature various tools, including:
- Endoscopic cameras for viewing inside the body
- Sharp, scissor-like instruments for cutting
- Wristed instruments with a high range of motion
- Sophisticated sewing tools that resemble tiny pliers
- Laser tools and miniature scalpels
The System’s endoscopic cameras create a magnified 3-D high-definition vision system and its tiny wristed instruments can bend and rotate more than the human hand. As a result, da Vinci enables your surgeon to operate with enhanced vision, precision and control.
Thanks to our advanced surgical program, patients who undergo robotic surgery have the opportunity to experience better outcomes and benefits. These include:
- Smaller incisions and less tissue damage and smaller scars
- Increased precision for complex surgeries
- Decreased blood loss (and reduced need for transfusions)
- Less pain after surgery and less risk of infection
- Shorter hospital stay
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities
We’re able to use the latest in advanced medical technology to assist in:
- Cancer Surgery
- Pelvic Health
- Bariatric Surgery
- Breast Conservation Surgery
- Partial Gastrectomy
- Simple Prostatectomy
- Thoracic Surgery
- Tilt Table
- Total Gastrectomy
- Whipple Procedure