When you choose the International Heart Institute of Montana for your cardiac surgery, you’ll be in excellent hands. Our cardiac surgeons’ depth of experience allows them to perform complex operations with success rates above the national average, according to the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS).
IHI has been named a Truven Health Analytics Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital for nine of the past eleven years and is one of the premier cardiac surgery programs in the Providence health care system.
Our skilled surgeons offer a full range of cardiothoracic procedures including:
- Elective and emergent intervention for heart valve disease
- Open and endovascular procedures for thoracic aortic disease
- Coronary revascularization
- Many less common conditions
Our cardiac surgeons work closely with their cardiology colleagues in a “heart team” approach to determine the best therapy for our patients.
Our multidisciplinary staff includes many specialized team members, including cardiologists, certified cardiac nurses, respiratory therapists, cardiac rehab technicians, cardiac anesthesiologists, hospitalists and intensivists working in concert to deliver the very best care to the patients we serve. Our patient experience scores reflect the compassionate and individualized care that we deliver.
- Coronary artery disease
- Aortic valve disease
- Aortic stenosis
- Aortic insufficiency/regurgitation
- Mitral valve disease
- Mitral stenosis
- Mitral insufficiency/regurgitation/prolapse
- Tricuspid valve disease
- Tricuspid stenosis
- Tricuspid insufficiency/regurgitation
- Pulmonary valve disease
- Pulmonary stenosis
- Pulmonary insufficiency/regurgitation
- Complex aortic disease
- Aortic dissection
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm; ascending and descending
- Thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm
- Aortic transection
- Aortic root dilatation
- Cardiac tumors and masses
- Atrial septal defect
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Pericardial disease
- Carotid artery stenosis
Cardiac surgeons at the International Heart Institute are able to offer patients the latest in innovative minimally-invasive surgical techniques, reducing tissue trauma and allowing return to optimal function earlier than standard surgical incisions.
These techniques include:
- Mini-sternotomy for aortic valve replacement, with or without ascending aortic aneurysm resection
- Mini-thoracotomy for mitral and tricuspid valve repair and replacement, repair of atrial septal defects, and resection of atrial myxomas
- TAVR (transcatheter aortic valve replacement)
- TMVR (transcatheter mitral valve replacement)
Our cardiac surgeons’ depth of experience allows them to perform complex operations with success rates above the national average, according to the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS).
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Aortic valve repair/replacement
- Mitral valve repair/replacement
- Tricuspid valve repair/replacement
- Aortic dissection repair
- Ascending aortic aneurysm repair
- Valve-sparing root replacement
- Complex aortic surgery
- Endovascular repair of thoracic and thoracoabdominal aneurysms
- Subclavian stenosis repair
- Resection of cardiac tumors
- Myectomy for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- MAZE procedure for atrial fibrillation
- Pericardial drainage
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Minimally-invasive surgery
HealthBreak: Minimally-Invasive Cardiac Surgery
Watch Dr. Joseph Schmoker talk about minimally-invasive cardiac surgery performed at Providence International Heart Institute of Montana.