Commercial Driver Medical Exam
Also known as: CDL Medical Exam, DOT Exam
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires all interstate commercial driver medical examinations be performed by medical providers listed on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME).
We're certified and listed on the National Registry
Our providers understand the FMCSA physical qualification standards and guidelines related to commercial truck and bus drivers, can answer your questions about FMCSA standards and guidelines and work with you to ensure timely certification. In order to be listed on the National Registry, each provider has enrolled in and completed necessary training, in addition to passing a certification test.
Call 406-329-5746 to schedule your appointment. We often can accommodate same day appointments, however we encourage drivers to schedule re-certification examinations 2-3 weeks in advance of their current certification expiration, should any additional testing or documentation be needed.
- If certified, you will be given a Medical Examiner’s Certificate (MEC) and a copy of your Medical Examination Report (DOT long form)
- Occupational Health will retain the original Medical Examination Report form for at least three years from the date of the examination
- Occupational Health will fax a copy of your DOT paperwork to your employer, if you sign an authorization allowing us to do so
- You must report results of your medical evaluation (provide a copy of your Medical Examiner’s Certificate) to your State Licensing agency
- Occupational Health will report the results of the examination to the National Registry within 30 days of the exam
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes early to allow time to fill out paperwork
- You will need to fill out the Health History portion of the Medical Examination Report (DOT long form)
- Please come prepared with a list of all of your current medications (if you’d like, you can bring in all of your pill bottles to your appointment)
- Please bring a copy of your most recent DOT long form to your appointment
- Please be aware that additional testing is sometimes required at the time of your exam
- If you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea (OSA), please bring in a printout of your CPAP compliance data for the previous year
- If you have recently had any testing (such as lab tests, exercise treadmill tests), please bring a copy of the test results to your appointment
- If you have any questions in preparation for your appointment, you may call our clinic, 406-329-5746, and speak with a provider