Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
Providence medical staff perform independent medical evaluations to assess work-related injuries or injuries where liability is an issue. Evaluations help determine whether a patient’s treatment has reached its maximum benefit and if permanent conditions will remain after treatment. Exams may include the following specialists:
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT)
- Pain medicine
If independent medical evaluation shows your injury or medical condition isn’t related to a claimed event, the workers compensation insurance carrier, auto insurance carrier or employer may deny the claim and refuse compensation for injuries.
Preparing For Your Visit
- If you require a blood draw, you’ll likely need to fast for 12 hours before your appointment.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow time to fill out paperwork. You may be asked to fill out a questionnaire before your exam.
- Please feel free to ask questions during your exam.
- If your exam is required by your employer, we’ll bill the employer directly