OSHA Medical Surveillance Exams
Providence Occupational Health has offered Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) medical surveillance exams for more than 25 years. Our medical director is board certified in occupational and preventive medicine and has conducted hundreds of toxicologic evaluations and thousands of OSHA surveillance examinations.
Components of surveillance exams could include:
- OSHA respirator medical evaluation questionnaire
- Pulmonary function testing
- Respiratory fit testing
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Lab work
- Exposure questionnaire
- Physical examination
- Fitness testing
Exposure to Hazardous Materials
OSHA requires baseline, periodic and exit examinations for workers with potential exposure to asbestos, lead, cadmium, chromium or hazardous waste. Call OSHA at 1-800-321-OSHA (6742) or visit www.osha.gov to determine the specific tests these exposures may require.
Preparing For Your Visit
- If you require a blood draw, you’ll likely need to fast for 12 hours before your appointment.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow time to fill out paperwork. You may be asked to fill out a questionnaire before your exam.
- Please feel free to ask questions during your exam.
- If your exam is required by your employer, we’ll bill the employer directly.