When you have a brain or spine condition that requires surgery, it’s comforting to know that you can receive comprehensive care from top experts without leaving the South Bay. At Providence Little Company of Mary, we partner with the physicians of Pacific Neuroscience Institute to provide expert care for the full spectrum of neurosurgical conditions.
We ensure excellent care through:
- Highly experienced neurosurgeons: our team is trained in minimally invasive approaches, including cranial, endoscopic and keyhole neurosurgery.
- Stroke specialists: the Providence neuroscience team includes vascular neurologists and other stroke specialists who are available 24/7 to provide surgical care and support.
- Collaborative research: we work closely with John Wayne Cancer Institute and City of Hope to expand options for brain and pituitary cancers.
- Top technology and support: our dedicated, state-of-the-art neurosurgery operating room at Providence Little Company of Mary Torrance is staffed by a team of neurocritical care specialists who provide skilled support for post-operative recovery.
- Comprehensive spine care: our holistic approach to spine surgery includes care coordination by our orthopedic and spine nurse navigator and collaboration with experts in interventional pain management, radiology, neuropsychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Our team of board-certified neurosurgeons has extensive experience and a broad range of expertise in neurosurgery and stroke interventions. Many are recognized experts in highly specialized procedures, such as minimally invasive cranial nerve surgery, minimally invasive spine surgery, and endoscopic nasal surgery, including the endonasal approach to pituitary tumors.
Our comprehensive team also includes specialized providers in every aspect of neurosurgical care, support and recovery, including:
- Specially trained neurosurgical critical care nurses and support staff – on site 24/7
- Neurointerventional stroke specialists – available 24/7 and among the busiest in Los Angeles
- Neurointerventional radiologists – on site 24/7
- Neurocritical care physicians – available 24 hours a day and on site seven days a week to support post-operative care
- Advanced-practice providers to support you through every step of your care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists to enhance your post-operative recovery
The neurosurgery program at Providence Little Company of Mary provides complete surgical care for all conditions of the brain and spine, including the following:
- Aneurysms – open and interventional treatment
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) – open and interventional treatment
- Carotid stenosis – open and interventional treatment
- Hydrocephalus – surgical treatment of chronic adult hydrocephalus caused by blockage of cerebrospinal fluid
- Movement disorders – surgical treatment when medical management is no longer controlling symptoms
- Spinal conditions – open and minimally invasive treatments
- Spinal fusion and vertebroplasty
- Complex spine surgery
- Complex tumor resection
- Tumors of the brain, skull base, pituitary and spine
In addition, our team is actively involved in research and clinical trials focused on improving surgical options for brain tumors and cerebrovascular conditions.
At Providence Little Company of Mary, our focus on excellence is reflected in the recognition that we receive, such as:
- Gold Plus Quality Award recognition – the American Heart Association’s highest level of recognition for consistent quality compliance – for our advanced stroke care, which includes our neurosurgery and neurointervention programs
- Multiple Patient Safety Excellence Awards from Healthgrades
- Physician recognition from Super Doctors and excellent physician ratings on Vitals.com