North Star Home Health - Pomona
Mon - Fri: 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Sat - Sun: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
North Star Healthcare is comprised of a highly skilled clinical team of professionals. We offer a patient centered approach for to establish care goals and work collaboratively with your physician to maximize outcomes. All in the comfort of our patient’s homes.
Meet Our Clinical Team:
The Skilled Nursing Team Specializes In:
- Diabetes Education
- Venipuncture / Blood Draw
- Disease Management and Assessment
- Pain Management
- Wound Care
- Injection, Insulin Therapy
- Catheter Care
- Post-Operative Care
- Ostomy Care
- Enteral Feeding
- PICC Line and Midline
- IV Infusion Therapy
- Skilled Observation and Assessment
Our Physical Therapy Team Is Dedicated to Maximizing Functional Ability at Home and Specializes In Providing Rehabilitative Care For The Following:
- Endurance Training
- Balance / Coordination
- Safety Education
- Pre and Post - Joint Replacement Therapy
- Neurological Diseases – Such as Stoke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, etc.
- Post Spinal Surgery
- Post Cardiac Surgery
- Back Pain
The Occupational Therapy Team Specializes In Improving Independence in Performing Activities of Daily Living Including:
- Fine / Gross Motor Coordination Skills
- Education on Joint Protection Techniques and Exercises
Speech Therapy Team Improves Our Patient’s Ability to Communicate and Swallow Safely, Services Include:
- Establishment of Speech Activities
- Evaluation of Emotional and Physical Problems in Communication
- Documentation of All Therapy Procedures
- Evaluation of Progress
- Initiation of a Treatment Process
The Social Services Team Offers a Strategic Approach to Our Care Provided and Includes:
- Assist Families in Seeking Financial Assistance and Other Community Resources
- Assist Families in Dealing With Social and Emotional Problems
- Helping Families Follow and Understand Medical Recommendations
- Collaborate with Healthcare Professionals to Meet Patient Care Goals
Home Health Aides
Our Home Health Aide Team Provide Personal Care Services Under the Supervision of a Registered Nurse. These services include:
- Personal Hygiene
- Light Housekeeping
- Medication Reminders
- Check Pulse and Respiration Rate
CMS Home Health CompareNorth Star Healthcare rates as a 4 ½ Star out of 5 Star rating with Medicare.gov and CMS Home Health Compare which ranks home healthcare providers on a state and nationwide level. Most providers fall at a 3 Star rating in comparison.
The Joint CommissionThe Joint Commission is known as an industry leader in setting the highest level of standards for regulation of the Home Healthcare industry. As an accredited member of The Joint Commission, North Star Healthcare meets the highest level of standards so you can rest assure that you will receive the best care for you or a loved one.
Hospitalization RatesAt North Star Healthcare, we keep our patients out of the hospital. With hospitalization rates that rank significantly better than both the state and national levels, we pride ourselves on allowing our patients to recover in the comfort of their homes without having to make those unexpected trips to the hospital for emergent care.
North Star Healthcare provides home healthcare services throughout the following areas:
Los Angeles CountyAlhambra
City of Industry
San Bernardino CountyBloomington