Home Infusion Pharmacy
Home Infusion Pharmacy
Clinical pharmacists work closely with the patient’s physician, infusion nurse and dietitian to coordinate care for all prescribed therapies. Our pharmacists have specialized experience working with patients in the areas of infectious diseases, oncology, nutrition support, pain management and specialty infusion medications.
Providence Home Infusion Pharmacy provides home infusion therapies to patients throughout Southern California. At Providence Home Infusion Pharmacy, our priority is patient safety, patient satisfaction, and quality clinical outcomes. Our staff of Clinical Pharmacists, IV Nurses and Registered Dietitians are focused on providing you with high quality infusion products, compassionate care and excellent service.
If you have any questions or need to speak with a pharmacist or infusion nurse or dietitian, we are available 24 hours a day. Our main service phone number is 844-983-0647. Our referral fax number is 877-704-6880.
Our services include
- IV infusion and enteral feeding therapies to patients in their homes.
- Clinical nurse, pharmacist and nutrition consulting and support services.
- Disease management and related specialized home infusion therapies
Providence Home Infusion Pharmacy is a state-licensed pharmacy and has been Joint Commission accredited since the early 1990’s. We are contracted with most major insurances.
Infusion/home health nursing services are coordinated to ensure proper patient education, training and to monitor patient care to achieve expected clinical outcomes. Home infusion nursing is also coordinated with our service area with our home health care nursing partners.
- Clinical pharmacists in the Infusion Pharmacy coordinate care for physician ordered therapies.
- Patients who require specialty drug IV therapies receive them at home.
- Nutrition services are available to high-risk patients and patients receiving nutrition through a feeding tube
Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services is proud of its licensed specialists, who coordinate closely with referring physicians and each other to assure that each therapy is appropriate for the specific patient.
Our care team includes:
- Assess medications for appropriateness of selection, dosage and frequency
- Monitor and trend clinical lab values
- Recommend therapy options, including dosing
- Monitor patient responses to therapy to optimize outcomes
- Screen patients for drug interactions and therapy duplication
- Train patients and caregivers to confidently and safely infuse therapies
- Manage catheters, including peripheral, midline, and central
- Assess patient needs in home settings and hospitals
- Conduct lab draws
- Train patients and caregivers in all aspects of enteral (tube feeding) therapy
- Provide frequent nutritional assessments
- Manage enteral, parenteral and oral nutrition therapies
- Provide home visits and monitor patients who need nutritional counseling