Maternity Classes and Support
Having a baby is an event to be cherished for a lifetime. That's why we're dedicated to offering new families a wide range of maternity classes and support before, during and after delivery. Our classes can help make your birth experience as pleasant as possible. We also offer big sister/big brother classes so the whole family is prepared to welcome the new addition. Register for classes.
- Congratulations! You’re Pregnant: What to expect as your pregnancy progresses; free.
- Pregnancy Massage: Learn how to help your partner relax during pregnancy and labor; $30 per couple.
- Ask the Experts: An anesthesiologist and pediatrician answers questions about labor, delivery, cesarean section and newborn care; $25 per couple.
- Prenatal Yoga: Relieve physical tension and prepare your body for birth; $10 a class.
- Childbirth 101: This series of classes is designed to prepare expectant parents for a relaxed and pleasant birth experience; $90 per couple.
- Childbirth 101 Online: Created for the couple that has a very busy schedule, this online program allows you to learn at your own pace and convenience; $90 per class.
- Successful Breastfeeding: Before you deliver, meet with a Certified Lactation Consultant to learn about the advantages of breastfeeding. Attend during your seventh or eighth month. Mom’s support person is encouraged to attend; $25 per couple.
- Breastfeeding eLearning Education: Log on to your computer or mobile device to learn about breastfeeding in a fun, interactive way.
- Baby Care Basics: This hands-on class for expectant parents will provide the opportunity to practice bathing, diapering, dressing and feeding your “baby.” Attend during your seventh or eighth month of pregnancy; $25 per couple.
- From Childbirth to Parenting: This class provides information to ease the adjustment following the birth of a new baby. Topics covered include baby behavior, parent communication and the relationship changes that will occur. Attend during your seventh or eighth month of pregnancy; $25 per couple.
- CPR Heart-Saver Adult-Child-Infant: This class teaches skills from the American Heart Association. Upon completion participants will receive an AHA Heart-Saver certification card valid for two years; $70 per couple/$40 per person.
- Maternity Tours: Held the second Tuesday and third Thursday of every month. Expectant parents will be shown a room on the Mother-Baby Unit, receive information about prenatal classes and be provided the necessary forms to complete and turn into the hospital prior to their due date; free (English only).
- Big Brother/Big Sister (for siblings 3-7 years old): Children will learn how to adjust to being an older sibling and how they can help their parents and be involved. A brief tour of the Mother-Baby Unit will be given so they know what to expect when mom is in the hospital; $25 (1-2 children), $30 (3 or more children).
For New Moms
- Lactation Support/New Mothers Breastfeeding Workshop: Certified Lactation Consultants provide guidance and help with questions or concerns about nursing your child; $10 per class.
- Breastfeeding and the Working Mother: This class will give you information on how to maintain your milk supply when you return to work/school. Attend 1-2 months prior to returning; $15.
- Baby Massage: Learn how to massage your baby and help strengthen and regulate the respiratory, circulatory and gastrointestinal systems. Massage also relieves discomfort from gas, colic, congestion and enhances the bond between parent and baby; $30.
- Mommy and Baby Yoga: Combine yoga and infant developmental movement. Firm and strengthen muscles, relieve stress and fatigue all while bonding with your baby; $10 per class.
- Mommy Matters: This class is a great way to meet other new moms and learn about different topics such as immunizations, baby sign language, infant development, etc. Music, songs and games are included in this weekly class; $5 per class.
- Toddler Topics: As your baby grows, your needs will change. This group is designed for the mom of an older baby. Topics discussed include safety issues, introducing solid foods and child development. Music, songs, games and playtime are included in this weekly class; $5 per class.
- Caring for Women with Postpartum Depression: Our program offers individual therapy sessions for women experiencing postpartum depression and/or anxiety. Babies are welcome. Assessment is free and financial assistance is available for therapy sessions.
- The Healthy Lifestyle Series for Moms: Want to shed weight gained during pregnancy, get in shape after giving birth or need help managing the stress of caring for your new baby? The Healthy Lifestyle Series can help you reach your personal wellness goals. To learn more, call 714-744-8523 or email us.