St. Joseph Hospital Foundation Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to the 2016 St. Joseph Hospital Foundation Scholarships recipients!
Each year, the St. Joseph Hospital Foundation sponsors six scholarships. Employees who have completed one full year of employment at St. Joseph Hospital are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
Sister Frances Dunn Scholarship
This scholarship provides individuals with certificates, degrees, or coursework leading to licensure for healthcare related careers, specifically those fields in which St. Joseph Hospital has a vested interest. Two individuals received the Sister Frances Dunn Scholarship this year.
- Vanessa Perez, RN, clinical nurse II, Orthopedic Unit, is enrolled in a RN to BSN program.
- Irene Valenton, RN, clinical nurse II, an active member of the diabetic work group and CLABSI and CAUTI prevention team on DSU, is pursuing her degree as an adult gerontology nurse practitioner.
Dominick Gentile Scholarship
This scholarship provides for the promotion of professional advancement in health related areas for Renal Center nurses and technicians, as well as to provide a mechanism for the retention of highly qualified staff.
- Maria Solis received the Dominick Gentile, MD, Renal Center Scholarship. Maria works at the Kidney Transplant Center and is studying to be a licensed vocational nurse.
Madeline Colette Seeds Advanced Practice RN Scholarship
This scholarship provides an avenue for the promotion of Advanced Nursing Practice, as well as to provide a mechanism for the recruitment and retention of highly qualified staff. This scholarship is intended to support the advanced academic achievement of the Registered Nurse.
- Priscilla Malagon-Bon, RN, received the Madeline Colette Seeds, RN, Advance Practice Nurse Scholarship. Priscilla is a clinical nurse IV in the Oncology Unit, Chair of the Clinical Development Council and acts as a relief charge nurse.
Larry K. Ainsworth Leadership Scholarship
This scholarship honors Larry K. Ainsworth and his 16 years of successful management of St. Joseph Hospital. The Medical Staff Officers established a scholarship fund to be awarded to an employee on an annual basis. This scholarship will be awarded to individuals working towards health-care or health-business related degrees, which will advance their current position at St. Joseph Hospital.
- Elizabeth Miller received the Larry K. Ainsworth Leadership Scholarship. Beth is a medical staff coordinator II, and is working on a bachelor’s degree in health management.
Alice Paone Scholarship
This scholarship provides an avenue for the promotion of professional advancement in nursing, as well as to provide a mechanism for the recruitment and retention of highly qualified nursing staff. Recipients may be employees, volunteers or their children. There is no assumed employment obligation attached to this scholarship for non-employees. Six employees received the Alice Paone, RN, Nursing Scholarship:
- Gamiel Alamares, RN, clinical nurse II, is currently enrolled at Vanguard University pursuing a master’s degree in nursing.
- Laura Derr, RN, clinical nurse IV, Emergency Care Center, is completing her master’s degree with a concentration in nursing education.
- Kristina Gadacz, RN, clinical nurse II, Mother-Baby Unit, is pursuing her bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Lalaine Natividad, RN, clinical nurse II, Mother-Baby Unit, is finishing her bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Tiffanie Tan, RN, clinical nurse II, Mother-Baby Unit and Transitional Care Nursery, is studying for her bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Kim Tran, RN, clinical nurse II, is working on her family nurse practitioner credential.