We offer an important advantage in helping you recover more quickly and completely: a care team exclusively dedicated to the unique needs of patients with hand, wrist and elbow injuries, diseases or surgeries. Experienced in today’s best practices and evidence-based care, we offer expert evaluation and individualized treatment for a wide range of acute, post-surgical and chronic conditions.
Hand Therapy integrates physiology, anatomy and kinesiology to rehabilitate and restore function to the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder. It merges the skills of occupational and physical therapy with specialized knowledge and expertise of the upper limb. Through assessment, planning and treatment, hand therapists provide therapeutic interventions to successfully prevent dysfunction, restore quality of live, and reverse the progression of disease.
Conditions we commonly treat include:
- Carpal tunnel and other repetitive use disorders
- Dupuytren’s Disease
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Nerve injuries
- Post-surgical recovery
- Tendon injuries
- Work-related overuse conditions
Our hand therapists are certified occupational and physical therapists with extensive training and clinical expertise in hand therapy – and most are board-certified in their specialty, an advanced designation requiring years of additional training, education and proficiency. The result is an uncommon and highly successful level of care.
Treatments and services
- Activity/exercise regimes custom designed to increase motion, dexterity and strength and function
- Adaptive technique and devices to improve daily life skills
- Desensitization and sensory re-education
- Electrical and thermal modalities
- Ergonomic modifications
- Joint protection and energy conservation training
- Manual Therapy (joint and soft tissue techniques)
- Orthotic/splint fabrication
- Pain management, acute or chronic
- Patient and family education
- Scar tissue management
- Wound management