With service locations in five local High Desert communities, St. Mary Medical Center's Community Health Services offers specialty programs designed to ensure access to health care for all persons, especially those who are low income and uninsured.
This dedication allows us to provide medical care, preventive exams, counseling, health education and referrals to promote the health and wellbeing of the community we serve. Our bilingual staff enhance our programs by providing these services in Spanish and English.
The caregivers at our clinics offer a holistic approach to healthcare with emphasis on body, mind and spirit. This approach helps us provide top-quality services and programs, including:
- Prenatal care by advanced practice nurses (Certified Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nurse Midwives)
- Mobile health services offering primary health care for low income, uninsured adults and children
- Cancer detection programs for women
- Diabetes education
- Health education including childbirth preparation, parenting and nutrition classes
- Bridges Family Resource Center
- Health insurance enrollment
- Breastfeeding education
- Maternity tour
- Nutrition consultations
- Child immunizations