The Reimagined Project at Providence Tarzana Medical Center
Providence Tarzana Medical Center, ranked among the nation’s top 100 hospitals, will invest more than $540 million to build a new, state-of-the-art patient care wing, featuring all private rooms and a new emergency department, as part of a major redevelopment of the medical center campus. The project plan also includes improvements to the existing 33-bed Women’s Pavilion, new neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), and calls for expanded diagnostic and treatment areas, an enhanced lobby and visitor reception area, and an additional parking structure added to the site. Construction on the campus has begun and will continue until opening in 2021.
We’re "reimagining" health care for the whole person at Providence Tarzana Medical Center. Whole person care at Providence means we treat the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our reimagined medical center incorporates thoughtful, healing green spaces including contemplative gardens, art and a California native landscape to preserve our resources.
Our renovation and new construction will feature:
- All new private patient rooms in a new, state-of-the-art patient care wing
- New NICU beds
- New women's obstetrical beds
- New operating rooms
- Expanded diagnostic and treatment facilities
- New, state-of-the-art emergency department
- 2022 completion date
- 1,000 construction jobs
- $514 million investment, including $150 million in funding support from our community
- Enhanced lobby
- Additional on-site parking in a new parking structure