Visitors are a welcome part of a hospital stay and are important to your recovery. Rest is also important. If you wish, nursing staff will restrict your visitors. Visiting hours vary according to nursing unit and individual patient needs. We ask your consideration for other patients and your assistance in controlling noise and the number of visitors.
- General hospital visitors must be 16 years old or older with proof of ID, unless special arrangements have been made prior to the visit with the patient's medical team.
- Acceptable forms of ID include valid California, Identification Care, California Driver's License, High School or College ID or passport.
- Please check with the patient's nurse for visiting hours and instructions for intensive care, pediatric intensive care, neonatal intensive care and pediatric patients.
- During the flu season, special visiting restrictions may be in place, so it is always good to check with the patient's nurse before visiting.
- Family and friends can be good medicine for patients and are welcome to visit. However, getting plenty of rest is vital to recovery. In order to enhance the quality of care, we have designed specific visiting guidelines. All visitations are subject to change in order to meet the specific needs of the patients. Visitors with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients. Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests, treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
General visiting hours
11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
24 hours - Father/Partner
11 a.m. - 8 p.m. - All other visitors over the age of 16.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)/Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Parents may visit any time except during shift changes, which are 6:45 a.m. - 8 a.m. and 6:45 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Only parents are allowed after 8 p.m. and during procedures.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)/Critical Care Unit (CCU)
Immediate family members (if there is no family, then those closest to the patient) may visit for 10 minutes at a time 24 hours a day, except during shift changes from 6 a.m. - 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. Visitors are limited to two at a time. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted.
Long term care
11 a.m. - 8 p.m. All visitors welcome.
Before surgery, family members may visit during regular visiting hours. After surgery, our surgical staff will tell them when they may visit next. Children under the age of 16 must be supervised at all times and may not be left unattended in the lobby.