At Providence, we have invested in the latest technology to treat breast cancer, and nurse navigators are there to provide compassionate guidance. We provide high-tech imaging to ensure accurate diagnoses from head to toe.
- CT (computed tomography) scanning
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
The Providence Little Company of Mary Women's Imaging Center offers several different types of exams using technologically advanced equipment. Each exam has its own guidelines and some require special instructions, which will be given when your exam is scheduled. Here are a few general guidelines that apply to all imaging exams:
- Notify your physician and the Women's Imaging Center staff if there is any chance that you may be pregnant or are currently breastfeeding.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your examination in order to complete your registration and provide additional health information if necessary.
- Wear comfortable clothing, avoid wearing jewelry or other metallic items, as they may interfere with the accuracy of the image, and be prepared to change into a patient gown. Bring prior x-rays or scans with you to the exam if you are instructed to do so.
- Communicate any special needs - such as physical limitations - before your exam.
- Check with us in advance regarding your recovery time and whether you'll need a driver after your exam so you can make the necessary arrangements.
- Most of all, try to relax, and know that you're in good hands. We treat people with respect and compassion and we're looking forward to taking great care of you.
Connect With Your Doctor
Request prescription refills, email your care team, view lab results, pay your hospital bill and much more.