Talking to kids about coronavirus
"Kids worry more when they're kept in the dark." - Child Mind Institute
News of the coronavirus COVID-19 is everywhere, from the front page of all the papers to the playground at school. Many parents are wondering how to bring up the epidemic in a way that will be reassuring and not make kids more worried than they already may be.
Some advice from the Child Mind Institute includes,
- Don't be afraid to discuss the coronavirus
- Be developmentally appropriate
- Take your cues from your child
- Deal with your own anxiety
- Be reassuring
- Focus on what you're doing to stay safe
- Stick to routine
- Keep talking
Get more details on how to talk to your kids about Coronavirus here.
About the Author