Spoil mom this Mother’s Day
Spoil mom this Mother’s Day with delicious blueberry muffins for breakfast.
The Best Blueberry Muffins
Recipe by Paula Jones, MS, RD, CSO
Prep: 50 minutes
Serves: 12 - 13
- ½ C Butter, softened
- 7 oz. Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Lemon zest
- 2 C Flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ C Buttermilk (or lemon, full fat yogurt)
- 2 C Blueberries, washed, drained, picked over
- 3 tsp. Turbino sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar until light (5-8 minutes).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract.
- Take 2 – 3 Tbsp. of the flour and toss it over the blueberries so that they are all coated. It will help prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, salt, lemon zest and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Fold the whole berries into the batter.
- Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill with batter. Sprinkle the 3 tsp. turbino sugar on top of all the muffins. Bake in oven at 375°F for about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Remove muffins from tin and cool at least 30 minutes. Store, uncovered or the muffins will be too moist for the second day, if they last that long!