St. Joseph Health, Humboldt County Announces High Patient Satisfaction Scores in Inpatient, Outpatient Rehab Services
Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitation services at St. Joseph Hospital in Eureka and Redwood Memorial Hospital in Fortuna continue to perform at high levels in national patient satisfaction scores. A recent Press Ganey Performance Scorecard survey revealed outpatient and inpatient rehab services at both hospitals were ranked as high as the top 1% by patients who responded.
For the outpatient rehab services, each hospital was measured against 1,361 similar facilities across the nation. On the inpatient rehab survey, St. Joseph Hospital was compared to 402 similar facilities. The survey was conducted for the time period of January 1st, 2018 through July 31st, 2018.
“These scores reflect the dedication and talent of caregivers in our rehab services at both hospitals,” said Jim Peaker, area director, rehabilitation services. St. Joseph Health, Humboldt County. “These folks are rock stars and our community appreciates their compassion and professionalism in the care they provide.”
As an example, Redwood Memorial Hospital in Fortuna, the outpatient rehabilitation clinic outperformed 99% of other facilities surveyed in areas like “skill of techs/therapists/nurses, and likelihood of recommending (facility).” In Eureka at St. Joseph Hospital, the outpatient rehabilitation clinic scored in the top 1% in areas that included “skill of techs/therapists/nurses.” At the inpatient rehabilitation unit at St. Joseph Hospital, staff outperformed 97% of similar facilities in areas like “how well staff prepared patients to function at home, how well pain was controlled, and the availability of the rehab doctor.”
“Rehab Services is so important to our community – our team focuses on both recovering from an injury or illness, and also on preventing issues in the first place,” said Roberta Luskin-Hawk, M.D., chief executive, St. Joseph Health Humboldt County. “These statistics are compiled from our patients’ experiences and really highlight the specialized skill and training of our nurses, doctors and therapists.”
Press Ganey is a patient experience company that partners with more than 50% of all U.S. hospitals to help improve clinical and business outcomes. As a strategic business partner, Press Ganey helps health care organizations like St. Joseph Health, Humboldt County, reduce patient and caregiver suffering and improve the safety, quality and experience of care.
About St. Joseph Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
Since 1987, our Rehabilitation Center has been devoted to serving the needs of patients in the community. Our Rehabilitation Center is accredited by the The Joint Commission, ensuring our services are backed by industry standards. All of our treatment programs are customized to suit your unique needs, preexisting and current abilities, as well as your tolerance to therapy.
About St. Joseph and Redwood Memorial Hospital Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
Physical therapists at St. Joseph and Redwood Memorial Hospitals treat patients who have health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. Individual plans are developed using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability.