Acute Telestroke Service
Our Telestroke Service provides instant access to board-certified, vascular neurologists and their teams, as if they were your own, improves clinical outcomes, reduces cost, and enhances patient & caregiver satisfaction.
› Business situation:
Providing immediate acute stroke assessment and determination of therapy (i.e., administering rTPA) in many locations is often a challenge for rural, community, and other health centers. Actively choosing to let these patients bypass your facility may appear to be best for the patient in the short-term, but it jeopardizes the health of the organization in the long-term.
While Telestroke has become the standard of care, it too may impede the long-term success of the organization. As patients are routinely transferred out, and implemented in isolation of your routine caregiving process, this can add stress to your staff, and negatively affect patient outcomes and satisfaction.
The unique attributes of an experienced Acute Telestroke programs, in the western United States, overcomes these challenges.
The Acute Telestroke program is intentionally designed to keep as many patients in your care as possible. As a fully integrated, complete supplement to your caregiving processes, we can help improve your patient outcomes, and those of the organization.
A partnership with us, for Acute Telestroke is based on a collaborative approach to care that provides a complete, seamless, integrated experience for both patient and staff.
Our unique implementation & program management approach integrates our Acute Telestroke team with your organization’s staff, including radiologists, emergency physicians, pharmacists, nurses and therapists working together to serve each patient’s care locally. The results are:
- Rapid access to specialists
- Fewer transfers
- Improved patient outcomes
- Improved financial outcomes
- Greater staff satisfaction
Our Acute Telestroke service includes:
- 24-hour access to highly-trained & experienced stroke vascular-neurologists
- Embedded, non-proprietary Telehealth technology platform with ongoing support and enhancements
- Expert service from initial evaluation through follow-up
- Routine case review and CQI based on shared experiences of all our partners
- Integrated support and tools for your physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and allied health professionals to enhance quality and patient outcomes through use of national guidelines, and if necessary, ancillary services to optimize outcomes
- Partnership in developing your local stroke care services
- Partnership with The Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center certification
- Continued training and education, including CME and CEU credit opportunities, for physicians, nurses and staff
- Stroke registry and clinical research opportunities
- Assistance with marketing and public relations
- Education tools and stroke experts to present at seminars and community events
A Global Leader in Acute Telestroke
- More board-certified vascular neurologists than any other organization in the country
- Comprehensive & Primary Stroke Centers, as certified by The Joint Commission
- A national leader in stroke research, offering clinical trials opportunities
- Decades of experience providing high-level stroke care
- Quality of care that exceeds American Stroke Association guidelines
- Door-to-needle times significantly less than the national average
- More than 10,000 encounters over the past ten years
Helping you Support Your Patients
In addition to our immediate acute Telestroke services, should you or your patients require additional support, our 24-hour neurointerventional and neurosurgical on-call capabilities are there to rapidly provide the most advanced methods to remove clots, repair broken arteries and restore blood flow to the brain.
Providence Neurological Institute
Providence Neurological Institute is a leader in comprehensive, state-of-the-art stroke care, education and research. The center is a comprehensive, integrated neuroscience program that treats all neurological conditions. Our physicians and surgeons from a variety of disciplines work with referring physicians to design treatment and rehabilitation plans focused on each patient’s needs. Among our physicians are fellowship-trained specialists, leading researchers and experts in the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Providence maintains one of the largest and most comprehensive neurointerventional practices in the western US, providing:
- Multiple state-of-the-art biplane neurointerventional suites
- All appropriate diagnostic services, including cerebral angiogram and 3-D angiography
- Merci, Penumbra and Solitaire clot-retrieval systems to destroy blood clots using a minimally invasive approach
- Minimally invasive treatment of ruptured and unruptured cerebral aneurysms through endovascular coiling
- Pipeline Embolization Device for stenting of cerebral aneurysms
- Carotid artery stenting
Our skilled team of neurosurgeons is equipped with the most advanced tools for:
- Acute stroke surgery, including carotid endarterectomy and decompressive hemicraniectomy
- Clipping acutely ruptured and unruptured intracranial aneurysms
- Bypass surgery to treat aneurysms or stroke
- Removing brain hemorrhage through minimally invasive techniques to promote faster recovery
- Removing ruptured or unruptured arteriovenous malformations while minimizing disruption of normal brain tissue
- Nonsurgically treating AVMs using the Northwest’s only Gamma Knife Perfexion
Our expert inpatient rehabilitation services include physical, occupational and speech therapy. We also have an acute rehabilitation center, as well as home and outpatient therapy services.