Chest and Lung Cancer Care
Whether you recently have been diagnosed with lung cancer, learned you have recurrent cancer or would like to get a second opinion, Providence offers the personalized treatment you need. You’ll meet with a team of cancer experts, such as a medical oncologist, radiation oncologist and pulmonologist. Merging their experience with many types of cancer, the team works together – and with you – to create an individualized treatment plan.
Cancer is a complicated disease that requires a combination of modalities for treatment, such as radiation therapy, surgery, chemotherapy and biotherapy. Many new treatment options have been discovered and researched within the past few years, providing better outcomes and survival benefits. At Providence, we use the most recent medical developments and clinical trials to give you the best possible quality of life.
Collaborative Team of Experts
Here are some specialists who may make up your care team.
- Medical oncologist: cancer specialist who treats people using systemic therapy delivered through the blood stream (chemotherapy, immune therapy)
- Radiation oncologist: cancer specialist who treats people by designing and focusing radiation to kill cancer cells
- Thoracic surgeon: surgeon specializing in the chest and its diseases
- Palliative care specialist: physician who specializes in treating cancer, managing treatment-related symptoms and setting goals of care
- Pulmonologist: physician who specializes in diseases and conditions of the chest, including pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, complicated chest infections, and more