Our foundations raise funds to provide critically needed services in the communities we serve.
- Providence Alaska Foundation serves Providence Medical Centers in Anchorage, Eagle River, Kodiak Island, the Mat-Su Valley, Seward and Valdez. The foundation is entering its fourth year of the “Generation’s Campaign;” a five-year, $16 million campaign to provide sustainable funding for family and patient support services at the Children’s Hospital at Providence, the Providence Cancer Center and elder care programs. At the Children’s Hospital, these services can make all the difference for families by providing access to patient and parent navigators, child life specialists and even teachers. Through the generous support of donors, the Providence Alaska Foundation distributed over $2.7 million throughout the region in 2012.
Providence Foundations, Southern California serve to raise philanthropic support for the nine medical centers located throughout the Los Angeles, Orange County and High Desert regions:
- Providence Holy Cross Foundation in Mission Hills is dedicated to the philanthropic support of Providence Holy Cross Medical Center. An essential caretaker of the San Fernando, Santa Clarita and Simi Valley Communities, Providence Holy Cross offers both inpatient and outpatient health services, all of which embrace a holistic and family-centered approach to care.
- Providence Little Company of Mary Foundation has been dedicated to the philanthropic support of Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Centers in San Pedro and Torrance for generations, creating opportunities to inspire our local community to include the medical centers among their philanthropic priorities.
- Providence Mission Hospital Foundation supports the two Providence Mission Hospital locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach. For 50 years, the foundation and the community’s partnership have advanced the work of both hospitals and provided the highest level of patient care for the Orange County region.
- Providence Saint Joseph Foundation serves to support the Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank. Since 1943, Providence Saint Joseph has provided the full range of diagnostic, treatment, care and support services for San Fernando Valley communities, and beyond.
- Providence St. Joseph Hospital Foundation serves to support Providence St. Joseph Hospital, a nationally recognized, 463-bed hospital founded in 1929, located in the city of Orange. The foundation connects the philanthropic generosity of individuals with the visionary initiatives of Providence St. Joseph Hospital to achieving lifesaving, transformative healthcare for patients and families.
- Providence St. Jude Memorial Foundation serves Providence St. Jude Medical Center located in Fullerton. Since 1957, philanthropic support has been the foundation of Providence St. Jude Medical Center’s success helping evolve the hospital into one of Southern California's most respected and technologically advanced hospitals.
- Providence St. Mary Medical Center Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Providence St. Mary Medical Center located in Apple Valley. Since the foundation was founded in 1990, the High Desert community has continued to make Providence St. Mary Medical Center their philanthropic priority to advance the level of care Providence St. Mary can offer to the High Desert community.
- Providence Tarzana Foundation has been dedicated to the philanthropic support of Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center for over a decade. Since 1973, Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center has provided excellent and compassionate care to the San Fernando Valley.
International and Multi-State
- Providence Health International provides opportunities to learn, serve and contribute internationally – leveraging the resources and talents of our health care organization to improve and promote global health. Regardless of national boundaries, compassionate service to those who are poor and vulnerable has been a part of the Providence Mission since the Sisters of Providence began their work in Montreal 160 years ago. Our work includes medical supply donation, service learning grants and sponsored service trips to Guatemala.
- Providence Supportive Housing manages 14 independent living programs that meet the needs for safety, shelter and belonging of those who are poor and vulnerable, including the elderly, homeless, recent immigrants and disabled veterans. Providence Supportive Housing helps strengthen their ability to live with independence and dignity, fostering overall health and well-being.
- Providence Montana Heath Foundation serves Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula and Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Polson. The foundation directly impacts 17 counties, thousands of communities and countless individuals across Western Montana. The foundations seek support to sustain more than $10 million in free care provided throughout the region every year. Funds also uphold the St. Patrick House, a comfortable home away from home for families of patients receiving treatment.
- St. Thomas Child and Family Center, Great Falls, provides nationally accredited preschool education and care. Before supporting today’s needs of working-parent families, it evolved from the St. Thomas Home orphanage and boarding school built by the Sisters of Providence.
- University of Providence in Great Falls, a place of “uncommon courage” within the Providence Health & Services ministries, the University of Great Falls continues to grow from its pioneer and missionary roots. The ministry serves more than 1,000 students and about 96 percent of the undergraduate class receives some type of financial aid, including federal grants, work-study opportunities and donor provided scholarships.
- Providence Benedictine Nursing Center Foundation, Mt. Angel, raises funds where patients and residents receive quality care in a loving, supportive environment. Your gifts to the Providence Benedictine Nursing Center Foundation support programs such as spiritual care and therapy. You fund activities such as singing, cooking and gardening that help our residents stay active and engaged. And, for residents who may have used all of their savings or have expenses not covered by insurance or Medicare, you provide financial assistance to pay for these uncovered costs.
- Providence Children’s Health Foundation, Portland, supports programs and services that provide better health care for our youngest and most vulnerable patients. Providence is recognized as a center of excellence for children’s services, especially for children with special and complex health care needs. Your gift makes a difference in the lives of the children and their families.
- Providence Community Health Foundation, Medford, raises funds for Providence Medford Medical Center for community health needs, charity care, and hospital programs and services in Southern Oregon. Supporting the health of our community is one of the greatest gifts you can give.
- Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital Foundation, Hood River, relies on donors to help build a healthy community. Your generosity supports your neighbors throughout the Gorge through Providence Hood River. Join us in building a healthier community by funding vital programs and improving services and facilities to meet our community's health needs now and in the future.
- Providence Milwaukie Foundation, Milwaukie, raises money for Providence Milwaukie Hospital. Your gift helps fund programs and services that might not be otherwise available. Gifts also help us serve patients in financial need. You contribute to Providence Milwaukie Hospital's excellence. Join the valued family of donors at Providence Milwaukie, and know that you're helping us offer the highest-quality medical programs and services available.
- Providence Newberg Health Foundation, Newberg, helps advance the work of Providence Newberg Medical Center. Your generosity helps us move beyond ordinary patient care to profound excellence in all we do. You improve the lives of family and friends, and contribute to the vitality of our community. Your donation funds new technologies for outstanding patient care, program development and serving the needs of those with limited resources. You make it possible for Providence Newberg to continue to provide exceptional medical care to our growing and changing community.
- Providence Portland Medical Foundation, Portland, advances the work at Providence Portland Medical Center. With your generous support, we can serve patients with limited resources and purchase new equipment and technology. Your donation provides program support in a wide range of areas, particularly cancer and heart conditions, and brain and neurological diseases. Our donors fund leading-edge research and technology and help us serve patients in financial need.
- Providence Seaside Hospital Foundation, Seaside, raises funds for Providence Seaside Hospital. Taking care of Clatsop County residents, especially those uninsured or underinsured, is at the heart of what we do. Your donation will make a difference in the lives of those cared for by Providence Seaside Hospital. Because of today's difficult economy, more families are in need of our help. Your gift will help provide medical and dental services, medical transportation and outpatient medicines or supplies to our neighbors in need.
- Providence St. Vincent Medical Foundation, Portland, is the philanthropic arm of the hospital, dedicated to enhancing quality health care at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center and the communities it serves. Your gift allows us to provide compassionate care for all who come to us, regardless of their ability to pay. Your gift gives hope. Your support provides research for life-saving treatments and the purchase of equipment. Our ability to achieve excellence relies heavily on the generosity of donors like you.
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical Foundation, Oregon City, raises funds for Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center programs and services. Through the generosity of donors large and small, Providence Willamette Falls Medical Foundation is improving the health and wellness of our neighbors by growing our services to help all who come to us for care. Prudent stewardship of gifts, compassionate care for all and a proactive approach to addressing health care issues are what we’re about. Join us in building a truly healthy community.
- Providence General Foundation, Everett, is in the midst of an unprecedented transformation to bring world-class medical care to the people of the Northern Puget Sound Region. The Campaign for Providence is the fundraising initiative – the largest ever undertaken in Snohomish County – launched to help support this historic project. More than $18 million has been raised so far from local physicians, employees, business leaders and individuals who want to ensure the best possible medical care remains strong and accessible to the people of our region.
- Providence Health Care Foundation, Eastern Washington, Gifts to Providence Health Care Foundation help care for the most vulnerable in our community and support breakthrough technology that saves lives. So far this year, the foundation has awarded more than 300 grants totaling more than $4.5 million to support Providence hospitals in Spokane and Stevens counties.
- Providence Hospice & Home Care Foundation, Snohomish County provides quality, timely, comprehensive medical care in the patient’s home. The foundation’s efforts have secured a three-year grant totaling $465,000 to establish a stronger community presence. By providing physical, emotional and spiritual support, trained staff and volunteers assist the patient and family as they work towards medical rehabilitation or a peaceful and dignified death.
- Providence Hospice of Seattle Foundation provides end-of-life care and grief support to adults and children in King County. Your donations help those in need live their final days comfortably and with peace, while also supporting grieving families.
- Providence Marianwood Foundation, Issaquah. Providence Marianwood is a skilled nursing home that promises its very elderly residents a loving home as long as they need it, regardless of their ability to pay. In their 80s, 90s and even a few in their 100s, most have outlived their financial resources and are dependent on government programs. Marianwood provides more than $1 million in uncompensated care costs annually as well as extra programs and services to enhance quality of life.
- Providence Mount St. Vincent Foundation, Seattle, known as “The Mount,” is an inter-generational living care community for older adults in which we celebrate life, living and individual capability. Additionally, a child care center at The Mount provides opportunities for children and elderly residents to interact in planned activities. Fundraising supports residents, especially those who have outlived their life savings, along with programs that enrich their lives such as music, art and spiritual care.
- Providence Regina House runs a food and clothing bank in the South Park neighborhood of Seattle and serves more than 450 families who come through the door each week. Regina House has seen an enormous increase in the families that rely on their help. Most of them are the “working poor,” who work very hard but cannot make ends meet. Providence Regina House also partners with the South Park Information and Resource Center to provide referrals for an array of health and human services.
- Providence St. Mary Foundation, Walla Walla, officially became a separate not-for-profit, charitable entity in 2012 with a Mission to provide philanthropic support to Providence St. Mary Medical Center including the Regional Cancer Center. This important distinction ensures each and every dollar raised stays in our community, to provide aid to low-income patients, fund new life-saving medical technologies and support capital projects. We are proud to help ensure the most exceptional health care is available to all the communities we serve in Southeast Washington and Northeast Oregon.
- Providence Southwest Washington Foundation supports many of the Providence ministries across the care continuum in the Southwest Washington area, with a focus on caring for the poor and vulnerable. Supported ministries include Providence Centralia Hospital, Providence St. Peter Hospital, Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice, Providence Mother Joseph Care Center, and Providence Medical Group. Donors also make many programs possible such as Animal-Assisted Activities and Therapy, No One Dies Alone, Hospice Respite and Comfort Care, and SoundCareKids – a bereavement program for children who have lost a loved one.