Our foundations raise funds to provide critically needed services in the communities we serve.
- Providence Alaska Foundation serves Providence Medical Centers in Anchorage, Eagle River, Kodiak Island, the Mat-Su Valley, Seward and Valdez. The foundation is entering its fourth year of the “Generation’s Campaign;” a five-year, $16 million campaign to provide sustainable funding for family and patient support services at the Children’s Hospital at Providence, the Providence Cancer Center and elder care programs. At the Children’s Hospital, these services can make all the difference for families by providing access to patient and parent navigators, child life specialists and even teachers. Through the generous support of donors, the Providence Alaska Foundation distributed over $2.7 million throughout the region in 2012.
Providence Foundation, Southern California serves Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, Providence Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Centers in San Pedro and Torrance, and Providence TrinityCare Hospice—a regional home hospice and palliative care provider.
- Providence Tarzana Foundation has embarked on its Providence Tarzana Reimagined Campaign, a $150 million, community-wide effort in support of a $540 million investment in new facilities and programs on our West San Fernando Valley ministry. Providence Tarzana Medical Center is building a new patient tower, supported by a new emergency department, 13 new operating rooms including a hybrid operating suite, a new Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, and new or modernized facilities for our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, orthopedic, oncology, pulmonology and robotic surgery service lines.
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, Burbank, recently completed a $16 million investment in its neuroscience capabilities as well as more than $4 million in improvements to its Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. It is undertaking an ambitious effort to transform its Emergency Services into a model of 21st century health care delivery. In addition to a doubling of patient capacity, a full range of patent-centric programs designed to speed care at the bedside, improve communication with and between caregivers, and provide a more comfortable environment for patients and their loved ones are envisioned.
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, Mission Hills, has one of the busiest trauma centers in Southern California, while it also serves its community as a cancer center of excellence. More than $2 million in philanthropy supported the modernization of two radiology suites, and continues to raise vitally needed to funds to support our acclaimed cancer services, Labor & Delivery care, and important community outreach programs.
- Providence TrinityCare Hospice Foundation, Torrance, provides a range of palliative care and hospice services to nearly 2,000 families in Southern California each year. Its TrinityKids Care program is the only dedicated pediatric hospice care program of its kind in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. In order to compassionately enter the lives of people facing the realities of suffering, loss, death and grief, the foundation realizes ongoing education is needed for more clinicians and staff. Education helps all involved provide specialized care while respecting each person's choices, beliefs and values.
- Providence Little Company of Mary Foundation, San Pedro and Torrance, supports a wide range of award-winning health services in the South Bay region. In Torrance, we are close to completing our $35 million Heart to Heart Campaign in support of the Cardiovascular Center of Excellence, and it continues to enjoy community support for its $8 million Women & Children’s Campaign. San Pedro has engaged its community on a $4 million effort to expand and modernize its Emergency Department. With broad support from the community, Providence Little Company of Mary has been expanding its community health programs that serve children and adults in developing health lifestyles, managing chronic illness and finding primary care providers that meet their needs.
International and Multi-State
- Providence Health International provides opportunities to learn, serve and contribute internationally – leveraging the resources and talents of our health care organization to improve and promote global health. Regardless of national boundaries, compassionate service to those who are poor and vulnerable has been a part of the Providence Mission since the Sisters of Providence began their work in Montreal 160 years ago. Our work includes medical supply donation, service learning grants and sponsored service trips to Guatemala.
- Providence Supportive Housing manages 14 independent living programs that meet the needs for safety, shelter and belonging of those who are poor and vulnerable, including the elderly, homeless, recent immigrants and disabled veterans. Providence Supportive Housing helps strengthen their ability to live with independence and dignity, fostering overall health and well-being.
- Providence Montana Heath Foundation serves Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula and Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Polson. The foundation directly impacts 17 counties, thousands of communities and countless individuals across Western Montana. The foundations seek support to sustain more than $10 million in free care provided throughout the region every year. Funds also uphold the St. Patrick House, a comfortable home away from home for families of patients receiving treatment.
- St. Thomas Child and Family Center, Great Falls, provides nationally accredited preschool education and care. Before supporting today’s needs of working-parent families, it evolved from the St. Thomas Home orphanage and boarding school built by the Sisters of Providence.
- University of Providence in Great Falls, a place of “uncommon courage” within the Providence Health & Services ministries, the University of Great Falls continues to grow from its pioneer and missionary roots. The ministry serves more than 1,000 students and about 96 percent of the undergraduate class receives some type of financial aid, including federal grants, work-study opportunities and donor provided scholarships.
- Providence Benedictine Nursing Center Foundation, Mt. Angel, raises funds where patients and residents receive quality care in a loving, supportive environment. Your gifts to the Providence Benedictine Nursing Center Foundation support programs such as spiritual care and therapy. You fund activities such as singing, cooking and gardening that help our residents stay active and engaged. And, for residents who may have used all of their savings or have expenses not covered by insurance or Medicare, you provide financial assistance to pay for these uncovered costs.
- Providence Children’s Health Foundation, Portland, supports programs and services that provide better health care for our youngest and most vulnerable patients. Providence is recognized as a center of excellence for children’s services, especially for children with special and complex health care needs. Your gift makes a difference in the lives of the children and their families.
- Providence Community Health Foundation, Medford, raises funds for Providence Medford Medical Center for community health needs, charity care, and hospital programs and services in Southern Oregon. Supporting the health of our community is one of the greatest gifts you can give.
- Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital Foundation, Hood River, relies on donors to help build a healthy community. Your generosity supports your neighbors throughout the Gorge through Providence Hood River. Join us in building a healthier community by funding vital programs and improving services and facilities to meet our community's health needs now and in the future.
- Providence Milwaukie Foundation, Milwaukie, raises money for Providence Milwaukie Hospital. Your gift helps fund programs and services that might not be otherwise available. Gifts also help us serve patients in financial need. You contribute to Providence Milwaukie Hospital's excellence. Join the valued family of donors at Providence Milwaukie, and know that you're helping us offer the highest-quality medical programs and services available.
- Providence Newberg Health Foundation, Newberg, helps advance the work of Providence Newberg Medical Center. Your generosity helps us move beyond ordinary patient care to profound excellence in all we do. You improve the lives of family and friends, and contribute to the vitality of our community. Your donation funds new technologies for outstanding patient care, program development and serving the needs of those with limited resources. You make it possible for Providence Newberg to continue to provide exceptional medical care to our growing and changing community.
- Providence Portland Medical Foundation, Portland, advances the work at Providence Portland Medical Center. With your generous support, we can serve patients with limited resources and purchase new equipment and technology. Your donation provides program support in a wide range of areas, particularly cancer and heart conditions, and brain and neurological diseases. Our donors fund leading-edge research and technology and help us serve patients in financial need.
- Providence Seaside Hospital Foundation, Seaside, raises funds for Providence Seaside Hospital. Taking care of Clatsop County residents, especially those uninsured or underinsured, is at the heart of what we do. Your donation will make a difference in the lives of those cared for by Providence Seaside Hospital. Because of today's difficult economy, more families are in need of our help. Your gift will help provide medical and dental services, medical transportation and outpatient medicines or supplies to our neighbors in need.
- Providence St. Vincent Medical Foundation, Portland, is the philanthropic arm of the hospital, dedicated to enhancing quality health care at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center and the communities it serves. Your gift allows us to provide compassionate care for all who come to us, regardless of their ability to pay. Your gift gives hope. Your support provides research for life-saving treatments and the purchase of equipment. Our ability to achieve excellence relies heavily on the generosity of donors like you.
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical Foundation, Oregon City, raises funds for Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center programs and services. Through the generosity of donors large and small, Providence Willamette Falls Medical Foundation is improving the health and wellness of our neighbors by growing our services to help all who come to us for care. Prudent stewardship of gifts, compassionate care for all and a proactive approach to addressing health care issues are what we’re about. Join us in building a truly healthy community.
- Providence General Foundation, Everett, is in the midst of an unprecedented transformation to bring world-class medical care to the people of the Northern Puget Sound Region. The Campaign for Providence is the fundraising initiative – the largest ever undertaken in Snohomish County – launched to help support this historic project. More than $18 million has been raised so far from local physicians, employees, business leaders and individuals who want to ensure the best possible medical care remains strong and accessible to the people of our region.
- Providence Health Care Foundation, Centralia. The greatest part of living is giving. A long tradition of employee support helps the Providence Health Care Foundation fulfill vital funding needs at Providence Centralia Hospital, along with supportive housing programs, hospice and chemotherapy infusion services across Lewis County.
- Providence Health Care Foundation, Eastern Washington, Gifts to Providence Health Care Foundation help care for the most vulnerable in our community and support breakthrough technology that saves lives. So far this year, the foundation has awarded more than 300 grants totaling more than $4.5 million to support Providence hospitals in Spokane and Stevens counties.
- Providence Hospice & Home Care Foundation, Snohomish County provides quality, timely, comprehensive medical care in the patient’s home. The foundation’s efforts have secured a three-year grant totaling $465,000 to establish a stronger community presence. By providing physical, emotional and spiritual support, trained staff and volunteers assist the patient and family as they work towards medical rehabilitation or a peaceful and dignified death.
- Providence Hospice of Seattle Foundation provides end-of-life care and grief support to adults and children in King County. Your donations help those in need live their final days comfortably and with peace, while also supporting grieving families.
- Providence Marianwood Foundation, Issaquah. Providence Marianwood is a skilled nursing home that promises its very elderly residents a loving home as long as they need it, regardless of their ability to pay. In their 80s, 90s and even a few in their 100s, most have outlived their financial resources and are dependent on government programs. Marianwood provides more than $1 million in uncompensated care costs annually as well as extra programs and services to enhance quality of life.
- Providence Mount St. Vincent Foundation, Seattle, known as “The Mount,” is an inter-generational living care community for older adults in which we celebrate life, living and individual capability. Additionally, a child care center at The Mount provides opportunities for children and elderly residents to interact in planned activities. Fundraising supports residents, especially those who have outlived their life savings, along with programs that enrich their lives such as music, art and spiritual care.
- Providence Regina House runs a food and clothing bank in the South Park neighborhood of Seattle and serves more than 450 families who come through the door each week. Regina House has seen an enormous increase in the families that rely on their help. Most of them are the “working poor,” who work very hard but cannot make ends meet. Providence Regina House also partners with the South Park Information and Resource Center to provide referrals for an array of health and human services.
- Providence Senior and Community Services Special Events, Seattle. There are a range of ministries within Providence Senior and Community Services that are supported through special event fundraising. One example is the Providence O’Christmas Trees event, the largest annual fundraiser in Providence, bringing in $1.2 million in 2012 to help 15,200 people in need of health care, housing and supportive services. These funds support the quality of life for those with chronic and/or life limiting conditions living in our communities.
- Providence St. Mary Foundation, Walla Walla, officially became a separate not-for-profit, charitable entity in 2012 with a Mission to provide philanthropic support to Providence St. Mary Medical Center including the Regional Cancer Center. This important distinction ensures each and every dollar raised stays in our community, to provide aid to low-income patients, fund new life-saving medical technologies and support capital projects. We are proud to help ensure the most exceptional health care is available to all the communities we serve in Southeast Washington and Northeast Oregon.
- Providence St. Peter Foundation supports many of the Providence ministries across the care continuum in the Southwest Washington area, with a focus on caring for the poor and vulnerable. Supported ministries include Providence St. Peter Hospital, Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice, Providence Mother Joseph Care Center, Providence St. Francis House, and Providence Medical Group. The foundation recently supported the opening of a new 21-bed critical care unit at Providence St. Peter Hospital, expanding access to the highest level of advanced care in the region. Donors also make many programs possible such as Animal-Assisted Activities and Therapy, No One Dies Alone, Hospice Respite and Comfort Care, and SoundCareKids - a bereavement program for children who have lost a loved one.