Keeping the patient at the center of everything we do
Credena Health is a premier pharmacy that treats complex conditions while offering patients and providers a seamless experience. We understand that caring for a chronic disease involves much more than simply dispensing medication. That’s why we partner with doctors to help patients manage chronic conditions through ongoing, individualized care. We provide medications for conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, cancer, hepatitis C and more.
Credena Health promotes the well-being of patients through the following services:
- Quick access to specialized medications
- Trusted pharmaceutical experts
- Help securing financial assistance
- 24/7 availability by phone
- Exceptional customer service
URAC Accredited Program
Credena Health has received accreditation from URAC, Washington, DC-based health care accrediting organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry.
Credena Health, previously known as Providence Specialty Pharmacy Services, was formed in 2015 to provide specialty medications and care nationwide. We belong to a larger health ecosystem, Providence, which is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, health plans, physicians, clinics and home health services. Along with our affiliates, Swedish Health System, Pacific Medical Centers, Kadlec Medical Centers, Providence serves communities in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Montana and California.
Credena Health continues the tradition of delivering the same compassionate care that the Sisters of Providence started nearly 160 years ago — we do more than dispense mediation. Our dedicated team collaborates with patients to address financial concerns, answer questions, and coordinate with physicians and insurers. Our service is motivated by a desire to help patients achieve the best outcomes possible.
We are accredited by the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) and The Joint Commission, both independent health care organizations committed to establishing and improving industry standards.
Credena Health wants you to receive the best care and service available.
Quick prescription turn-around
After we receive the prescription from your physician, expect your medication to arrive within two business days, assuming we have received all pertinent information.
Credena Health delivers medication via next-day delivery Monday through Thursday. We notify you in advance if your drug requires refrigeration and/or a signature. Also, we work with you to determine the best delivery method to ensure you receive your medication at the right place and time.
24/7 clinical support
Our pharmacists supply all the information needed to actively manage your condition, and then we go one step further. We communicate regularly with your doctor to best understand your disease so that, together, we can make recommendations to help mitigate side effects and improve your overall health. We are here 24 hours a day if you need to speak with a pharmacist.
We schedule your refill delivery three days to a week before your medication runs out. If a prescription is about to expire, we contact your doctor to request additional refills. You can also leave a message on our 24-hour refill line by calling 1-800-793-3158.
Thorough financial process
To expedite the delivery of your medication, our financial specialists work quickly and efficiently to get approval from your insurance provider. In turn, we are able to provide the most accurate estimates of your out-of-pocket costs. If you cannot afford the drug, we try to track down funding so that you receive every resource available to you. Credena Health accepts all major credit cards, checks or money orders. We accept payment by phone or mail.
Credena Health, LLC
6348 NE Halsey Street, Suite A
Portland, OR 97213
It’s critical to safely dispose of medication to reduce the risk of misuse or accidental exposure. For guidelines, visit the U.S. Food and Drug Administration site.
Complex conditions treated
We offer medications for conditions including, but not limited to:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Growth hormone deficiency
- Hepatitis C
- HIV and AIDS
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Trusted team who helps manage your condition
Our pharmacists, who are specially trained to manage complex diseases, believe in helping you live your healthiest life possible. We communicate with your physician to best understand your condition so we can confidently answer your questions and offer one-on-one consultations.
Experts at securing financial assistance
Managing a chronic disease can be overwhelming — both emotionally and financially. When your new prescription is placed at Credena Health, we contact your insurance provider to confirm that your benefits cover the medication (some drugs require prior authorization) and estimate your out-of-pocket costs. If you need help with payment, don’t be shy about letting us know. We can look for funding through grants and foundations.
Staff who go above and beyond
Our expert team of pharmacists, nurses and insurance specialists bring a combined 45 years of relevant experience to Credena Health. Whether we are scheduling a home delivery or staying on top of your refills, we do everything we can so you never miss a dose of medication.
We provide one-on-one clinical assistance to patients and guide them through every step of their medication therapy. In turn, our comprehensive services help free up time for you and your staff. Learn more about what we offer:
- Quick access to specialized medications
We strive to deliver new prescriptions in two business days — weeks faster than the national average.
- Significant financial assistance
Our reimbursement specialists work with insurance providers to get new medication approved and prevent gaps in coverage. We also connect patients with resources to minimize out-of-pocket expenses.
- Reliable therapy management program
Our experienced pharmacists take a proactive approach to ongoing case management. We communicate closely with you to fully understand each patient’s condition. As a result, we can offer more effective clinical consultations. Furthermore, we have proven measurement outcomes in medication persistence. Learn more about our therapy management program.
- Diverse product portfolio
- Always within reach
We ship medications via next-day delivery. Our committed team works with patients, tailoring delivery plans to meet each person’s needs and schedule. Also, our on-call pharmacist is available for clinical concerns 24 hours a day.
Frequently asked questions
When are you open?
We are open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m.to 7 p.m. (Pacific Time). Please call us during these working hours with your questions. We are closed Saturday and Sunday and all major holidays.
How do I order my medicine?
For most new medication orders, your doctor can order electronically or fax us at 503-215-8455. If state law allows, we can offer you a generic medication that doesn’t cost as much. If we are unable to fulfill your order, we will let you know right away.
How can I pay for my medicine?
- Credena Health accepts all major credit cards, checks, or money orders.
- The cost of your medication may change depending on the amount ordered.
- Your prescription will be filled for the amount of the medication your physician orders.
- If you have Medicare Part D drug insurance, the cost can change due to your deductible, initial copay and total out-of-pocket expense. Please contact us with any questions about billing or payment.
6348 N.E. Halsey St., Suite A
Portland, OR 97213-4742
Toll free: 1-855-360-5476
How much will my medication cost?
- Medication costs will vary based on your insurance.
- Medication pricing can change daily, so final copay cost can’t be determined until your claim is processed.
- You can call the member services phone number on your insurance card to get current information.
- If you are unable to pay, we will work to find copay assistance for you.
How long does it take to get my medicine?
- When we get an order, we will call you within 24 hours.
- If our pharmacy can’t provide your medicine, we will call you and your doctor within 24 hours. We will then send the order to another pharmacy that is able to fill the order within 48 hours.
- Some medications require prior authorization (pre-approval from your insurance company) and may take longer to be approved and filled. We help get the approval. Once the medication is approved, we do our best to help you avoid any gaps in coverage.
- Medicine will be mailed to you via FedEx, UPS or by a hired delivery service. Some medicine must be shipped quickly because it needs to be kept cold or has special instructions for use. If you need your prescription right away, please call us.
- Medicine is sent Monday through Thursday for next-day delivery. We do not charge extra for this service.
- Some packages will require your signature when delivered. We will work with you to select the best day and time to meet your delivery needs.
Do I need to return the paperwork that comes with the medicine?
Yes. The consent (and possibly the financial disclosure) document(s) do need to be signed and returned to us. All the other paperwork is for you to keep in your records.
How do I refill my prescription?
- Pharmacy staff will call you to schedule your refill order three to seven days before you should run out of your medication. If you need the medication refilled sooner than that, please call the pharmacy.
- Please also remember to call us with any insurance, address or health changes.
In your message, please include:
1. Your first and last name
2. Your date of birth
3. The name of the medicine
4. Your address
5. Your requested delivery date
6. A daytime phone number
What is the Credena Health therapy management program?
- The therapy management program is for patients with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, Crohn’s disease, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis C and some types of cancer. You can sign up for the program if you have an illness that qualifies and you may also cancel it at any time. This is a free service.
- With this program, pharmacists can best help you answer any questions you may have about your medicine. They can also help you understand your illness, how much medication you should take and at what time. They will let you know about any possible reactions, and will talk with your doctor if necessary.
- The purpose of this program is to help you understand your illness, how to take your medicine,medicine reactions, and to improve your health. When a Credena Health pharmacist needs to call and talk with your doctor, it is helpful for you to be part of the program, since the pharmacist will have all the information they need to help you and your doctor make the best decision about what is best for your health.
- This program is limited by your level of participation in it. For best results, you must be willing to carefully follow the directions of your doctor and pharmacist, take the medicine as directed and be willing to talk about the details of your illness and medical history with your pharmacist so they can understand your situation.
Please let your doctor know you are a patient of Credena Health and that you have signed up for the Credena Health therapy management program. A good relationship between your doctor and pharmacist will help everyone involved in your care.
How can I safely dispose of my medications?
- Please visit this FDA website to learn about which medications should be disposed of in which way.
- Please see your welcome packet for more information about safe disposal of medicines.
- If there is a recall, the pharmacy staff will call you with instructions for what to do with the recalled medication.
How do I contact you?
What is your natural disaster/national emergency plan?
Know your limits and when to ask for help. Credena Health is ready for emergencies. We expect to be able to contact you and provide service during disasters, but there are no guarantees. If major roadways are blocked or if telephones fail, there could be delays or interruptions in service. During or after a disaster, if you cannot reach Credena Health, go to the nearest emergency health care center before your medications or supplies run out.
We recommend you plan for emergencies by developing a plan and gathering supplies. Discuss with your health care provider what medical supplies and medications you would need in an emergency and how to access them.
For information about how to prepare for natural disasters visit RedCross.org. You may also visit the Federal Emergency Management Agency website at Fema.org.
In any emergency, call 911.
Our patient-centric approach means less run-around for everyone. We collaborate with doctors and coordinate every detail required to deliver patients the drugs they need and care they deserve.
Refer a patient
Our team is specialized in helping patients care for their complex diseases. We offer services ranging from personalized consultations to financial assistance and more. To submit a prescription, choose from one of these convenient options:
Complete the e-prescription in your electronic medical records system.
Download the form and fax it to 503-215-8455.
Manufacturer enrollment form
Complete the pharmaceutical manufacturer enrollment form and indicate that you would like the prescription filled at Credena Health.