Providence is developing an institute model for specialty care across the seven states we serve, a virtual network that links all of our care locations, solving gaps in continuity of care for our patients and creating a seamless experience for them and their families. Clinicians have timely access to best-practice findings, data and reports. Patients have quality, compassionate care closer to home with predictable costs and outcomes.
Key features of our institute model, include:
- Patient navigation to ease their way
- Concentration of multidisciplinary clinical expertise
- Accelerated research and innovation benefiting patients and providers
- A data repository for genomics that Providence is designing
- Clinical experts from seven states defining quality measures within disease types
- Delivery system organized around key treatment locations with best outcomes
- A network that ensures patients have the right care at the right time in the right place
- Focus on care close to home supported by digital technology
The Digestive Health Institute is a network of highly trained doctors and surgeons who treat disorders of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, as well as the liver, gallbladder and pancreas.
Helping patients navigate care, no matter where they are. With nearly 50 subspecialties represented, we offer comprehensive services for treating conditions of the brain, spine, and nervous system.
Connecting you to the right physician
Finding the right specialist can be time-consuming. With the Patient & Provider Engagement Center (PEC), it doesn’t have to be. The PEC is a one-stop referral resource staffed by Providence caregivers who are highly knowledgeable about the services we offer.
We will coordinate care among our team of specialists, which means patients have access to not only their physician locally, but also to a vast network of clinicians with specialized expertise. In turn, patients can expect quality care close to home with more predictable clinical outcomes. And patients and providers get streamlined access to an expansive network of specialists, the latest research and the newest treatments. Referring physicians can always expect to stay abreast of a patient’s condition after he or she is referred to one of our institutes.
The Patient and Provider Engagement Center (PEC) quickly connects you to the right specialist based on your preferences and needs. As your primary point of contact, the PEC does the research for you so you don’t have to stress about finding a specialist.The PEC assists:
- Patients who want to find a doctor
- Physicians who want to refer patients to a specialist
Call 844-552-2734 or complete an online form to learn how the PEC can help. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Pacific time), Monday through Friday. After business hours messages will be returned the next business day.