See your health care provider from the safety of home. Book a telehealth visit online or call the provider’s office to schedule.
Our providers are available for a consultation via video or by phone.
We’re making it easy and safe to talk to your primary or specialty health care provider from your home using Zoom technology on your smart phone, tablet or computer.
- Connect with a provider via your electronic device or phone without going to a clinic or hospital.
- A telehealth visit is the same cost as your standard office visit co-pay.
- If you prefer or need to talk to your provider by phone, this is an option as well.
Connect with a provider in three easy steps.
Search our physician directory to book a telehealth visit online or call the provider’s office to schedule.
Once a date and time is confirmed, you’ll receive a message in MyChart with details and a link for the telehealth visit.*
Your provider can talk to you about health concerns, work on a care plan, and if needed, provide a prescription order.
*Heritage medical groups patients: A caregiver from the doctor's office will call you 15-20 min. before your appointment to provide a unique meeting ID. Learn more about your virtual Telehealth visit.
Tips for a successful visit
What you’ll need before your telehealth visit:
- A stable internet connection.
- Your mobile device camera and mic/speakers. (The camera is built-in. You can either use the built-in mic and speakers, or plug in your earbuds or headphones.)
- If you use a desktop computer or laptop (Windows or Mac), you’ll need a built-in camera and mic/speakers. You can also use an external camera plugin, and headphones.
- If using mobile, you’ll also need to download the free Zoom app onto your smartphone or tablet.
Pro tip: We suggest you test the technology the day before your visit.
- Open your Zoom app to make sure your microphone and video options are on and working.
- Open your MyChart account and verify you can open it without difficulty.
Zoom Cloud Meeting via tablet or phone:
You’ll need to download the free Zoom app onto your smartphone or tablet.
Log into MyChart from your mobile device app, or on your computer.
- Tap Messages if you’re on a mobile device, or Messaging from your computer.
- In your Inbox you’ll see a message from your provider for a telehealth visit.
- Click on the Zoom link three to five minutes before your scheduled appointment time and you’ll be taken to a virtual waiting room.
- You’re there! Now all you need to do is relax and wait for your provider to join you. (In Zoom they’re referred to as the “host.”)
When your provider joins you in your telehealth visit, you’ll be admitted to the visit, and prompted to join by computer audio. You may also be prompted to allow access to your mic and camera.
Note: If you don’t allow the video component, you can still join your provider by clicking Join Audio in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
For your convenience, we have downloadable instructions in various languages:
For tech support, please call the Patient Engagement Center at 844-943-1076.
A note about security: Providence has a dedicated, secure portal for patient visits through Zoom. Enhanced security measures include encryption, meeting IDs and visit “verification” to ensure your Telehealth visit is private and secure. Providers are assigned unique passwords and waiting rooms. This ensures that only your provider and you will be admitted to your visit. Providence’s Information Security team regularly monitors Zoom for any security concerns that might arise.
Don't have MyChart?
When you sign up for MyChart, you can manage your own medical record and your family’s medical records from home or any computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Make Providence’s app your personalized connection to your health. Schedule appointments, conduct virtual visits, message your doctor, view health records, and more. Learn more about our app.
Download the Providence App now.
Scan this QR code with your smartphone.