Team-Based Care at Facey
Your Care. Your Voice. Your Team.
Team-based care creates an environment where a group of providers and caregivers are working together to support you. Physicians, nurse practitioners or physician assistants, nurses, medical assistants, clinical care coordinators, and receptionists all have have a role in making sure your needs are at the center of what we do.
The greatest benefit of having a team care for you is the additional team providers, such as nurse practitioners and physician assistants. They give you easier access to care when you need medical help. Our nurse practitioners and physician assistants are board-certified health care providers who can see you for a variety of services, including medication refills, routine visits, and more. But it doesn’t stop with the exam room. Your care team may also include Facey specialists, nutrition and wellness educators, pharmacists, behavioral health providers and case managers. They all work closely with your primary care provider (PCP) to meet your care needs.
We’re Building a Long-Term Partnership that is Focused on You
Our teams are committed to providing you with seamless, coordinated care that gets you back on your feet as quickly as possible. But healing you is just the start. Your care team looks for ways to improve your care experience. They meet and communicate regularly through quick chats and team meetings. Together, they have you covered for many health issues, including:
- Preventive health care, which includes screening tests for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, certain cancers, and immunizations that can keep you well.
- Acute care, for diagnosis and treatment of an illness or injury.
- Continuing care, if you have conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, heart disease or COPD.
When you need to visit us, your care team works to ensure:
- An appointment is made with one of your team providers
- The reason for your visit is addressed
- Your care plan is explained
- You are connected to additional care team members when you need it (for example: clinical pharmacist, behavioral health, or care coordination).
We also offer after-hours appointments on Mondays at most offices (and Immediate Care in Mission Hills and Valencia) for when you need care when our clinics are closed.
Tools to Stay in Touch with your Care Team Between Office Visits
MyChart by Providence
MyChart is an online service you can use to quickly:
- Send secure emails to your health care team
- See your test results
- See upcoming tests and orders
- Review your medical information
- Request appointments online
- Request medication refills
Ask a member of your health care team how you can sign up for a MyChart account or sign up online. Please note that MyChart should not be used for urgent or emergency medical assistance since response times may take up to 48 hours.
We encourage you to review the After Visit Summary provided to you at the end of your visit. It has important details about what happened during your appointment. It may also include care instructions, lab orders, details on your next appointment, and a list of your medications.
Patient education programs
Facey offers a variety of individualized and group education programs designed to help you achieve your health goals. Available programs include nutrition, wellness, disease management, and more. Ask your care team about which programs may be right for you. You can also view our current offerings here.