At Providence, our goal is to provide prompt diagnosis of gastrointestinal symptoms to get you on the road to recovery as quickly as possible. If you suffer from chronic heartburn, acid reflux (GERD), abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, rectal bleeding or bloating, our team can provide you with the latest diagnostic techniques and research-based gastrointestinal treatments.
Our compassionate care coupled with top-notch physician expertise help ease the discomfort and treat the symptoms caused by gastrointestinal (GI) disorders. Some of the most common disorders treated include:
- Achalasia – Food is prevented from passing to stomach from lower esophagus muscles failure to relax
- Acid reflux (GERD)
- Barrett's esophagus – Swallowing tube lining becomes damaged by acid reflux
- Bile duct diseases
- Celiac disease
- Crohn's disease
- Diverticulum (Zenkers and Epiphrenic)
- Dysphagia – Swallowing difficulties
- Esophageal, colon and stomach cancer
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Hiatal hernia – Abdomen and diaphragm are separated by upper part of stomach bulging through
- Hypertensive lower esophageal sphincter (LES) – increased contraction pressures
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Leiomyoma of the esophagus – slow growing tumor
- Motility disorders
- Nutcracker esophagus – swallowing contractions are too powerful causing chest pain upon swallowing
- Paraesophageal hernia (stomach in chest)
- Peptic ulcers
- Tracheo-esophageal fistula
Throughout Providence, we offer a wide range of services and advanced, minimally invasive treatments, including:
Anorectal Motility Study
If you've suffered from changes in bowel habits, loss of control or constipation, your doctor will likely recommend an anorectal motility study.
A colonoscopy helps identify the causes of colorectal conditions and can aid in cancer treatment and prevention.
Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
Accurate screenings like endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography allow our doctors to determine the causes of a wide range of pancreatic, liver and gallbladder conditions with detailed certainty.
Esophageal Motility Study
People with esophageal motility disorders often suffer from chronic heartburn or acid reflux, difficulty swallowing or non-cardiac chest pain.
We specialize in problems of the esophagus, gallbladder, intestines, liver, pancreas and stomach in children and adolescents.
Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) Placement
PEG placement is the insertion of a feeding tube directly into the stomach.
Small Bowel Enteroscopy
Our doctors use small bowel enteroscopy to diagnose symptoms of digestive issues with precision and care.
In order to treat symptoms like abdominal pain, inflammation, ulcers and digestive tumors, your doctor could recommend an esophagogastroduodenoscopy.
A comprehensive team including surgeons, radiologists, oncologists, interventional radiologists, radiation oncologists and pathologists join the gastroenterologists in treating a wide range of complex diseases of the digestive tract. These include:
- Abdominal pain
- Anti-Reflux Surgery
- Nissen fundoplication – the connection between the stomach and esophagus is tightened to prevent acid reflux
- LINX reflux management system – Device to restore the natural barrier to reflux
- Laparoscopic hiatal hernia surgery – minimally invasive treatment for hiatal hernia repair
- Revision surgery – redo of past anti-reflux surgery
- BARRX – A device that is inserted into the esophagus that burns off the diseased layer of the esophagus
- Diaphragmatic hernia repair
- Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) – assess digestive track for diseases through minimally invasive device
- Endoscopic Zenker's diverticulectomy- procedure to repair severe cases of diverticulum
- Esophageal stent procedure – stent helps open blocked area in esophagus to help swallowing
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Liver disease
Doctors Specializing in Gastroenterology
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.