Providence North Everett Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery
Our convenient location next to Providence Regional Medical Center’s Colby Campus gives our thoracic and heart surgeons immediate access to the award-winning Heart and Vascular Institute, including diagnostic technology, surgical suites and the cardiac intensive care unit. This location also allows surgeons to respond immediately to urgent calls, provide 24-hour access to post-surgical patients and consult with referring physicians.
The Heart and Vascular Institute at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett is continually recognized as one of the best cardiac programs – both nationally and in the Seattle and northwest Washington region. In fact, we’ve been ranked first in Washington for overall cardiac care for three straight years and among the top 100 cardiovascular programs in the nation eight times.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment and allow 90 minutes for the entire visit. Please make sure you bring your photo id and insurance cards.
Our team of board certified thoracic surgeons offer comprehensive care for benign and malignant diseases of the chest and upper abdomen. Our mission, as national leaders in robotic thoracic surgery, is to provide compassionate and cutting-edge care for our patients. We are here to help guide our patients every step of the way, from screening and diagnostic procedures to treatment and monitoring.
Dr. Kimberly Costas has received the American Red Cross Real Hero Award and has been named Seattle Top Doctor five years in a row (2017 - 2021).
Our team of cardiac surgeons offers comprehensive care for common and rare conditions affecting the heart and major thoracic blood vessels. Our group combines their cutting-edge training from across the nation’s top academic centers to provide up to date, patient-focused therapy for our community & region.
We aim to provide a seamless and stress-free care pathway from diagnosis to discharge. In certain cases, our surgeons are able to provide a minimally invasive approach.
- Coronary artery disease
- Valvular heart disease (stenosis and regurgitation of the aortic valve, mitral valve, tricuspid valve)
- Arrhythmias and atrial fibrillation
- Aortic aneurysms
- Heart tumors and other cardiac masses
- Heart valve infections (endocarditis)
- Sternal fractures
- Myocardial bridge
- Aortic dissection
- Congenital cardiac abnormalities (anomalous coronary arteries & other conditions)
- Chest trauma
Our treatments and services include:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Total arterial and bilateral internal mammary artery grafting
- Aortic valve replacement and TAVR
- Mitral valve repair and replacement
- Tricuspid valve repair and replacement
- Atrial fibrillation ablation (MAZE and pulmonary vein isolation)
- Left atrial appendage ligation
- Aortic aneurysm repair/Ascending aorta and aortic arch replacement
- Aortic root replacement
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Mini thoracotomy and mini sternotomy
- Heart mass/Cardiac tumor resection and excision
- Pacemaker, defibrillator and pacemaker lead placement or revision
- Sternal plating (Fixation, ORIF)
- Coronary unroofing
- Ventricular aneurysm repair
Manage Your Care with MyChart
When you sign up for MyChart, you can manage your own medical record and your family’s medical records from home or any computer, tablet, or smartphone. Login to MyChart to:
- Connect with your doctor
- Email your care team
- Pay your hospital bill
- Request prescription refills
- Schedule an appointment
- View lab results