100 Millions Masks
Thanks to an overwhelming response from our community, many individuals have volunteered to sew surgical masks for us. However, we’re pleased to report that local manufacturing companies have stepped up to rapidly produce masks and face shields for us on a large scale.
We’re also pleased to announce that the American Hospital Association has joined the cause and will facilitate support from manufacturers and the business community to help build up our supply of personal protective equipment. The AHA will connect manufacturers with hospitals, clinics and health systems in need of personal protective equipment.
Can you still help sew masks? There is a need and we would love your help.
Here's how you can help in the communities we serve.
Other ways you can help
- Donate blood through the American Red Cross (WA & OR: Bloodworks Northwest is also available)
- Assist your neighbors, families and friends – Call a friend to check in on them. If you’re able, consider picking up groceries, toys, games or books and leaving them at their doorstep. Be sure to use gloves and carefully wiped down any item with cleaning wipes to avoid any accidental transmission.
- Donate food and supplies to a local homeless shelter or food bank – Reach out to local agencies directly or visit their web page for more information about what donations they’re accepting during this time. National organizations in need of support include: Meals on Wheels, Feeding America and No Kid Hungry.
Resources for manufacturers
With medical design and quality health assurance, our valued partners, Kaas Tailored and Nordstrom are manufacturing personal protective equipment for Providence.
If you are a manufacturer in one of the states Providence serves — Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas or Washington — and are interested in getting involved, contact us via email.
If you are a manufacturer in other parts of the country and are interested in producing PPE for your local health system, please contact the American Hospital Association.
Resources for hospitals, clinics and health systems
Resources for community members who sew
For those interested in making masks for themselves, friends and family or their own community network, here are some resources we have created that you may find useful.
Join us as we respond to significant needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you are able, we invite you to donate to any of several areas of need:
- COVID-19 Response: Support poor and vulnerable persons, our efforts to obtain and produce personal protective equipment, and offset treatment costs for the pandemic.
- Research: Significant data analysis and research underway to understand this virus.
- Helping Hands Fund: For Providence caregivers (employees) financially affected by this crisis.