Awards and Recognition
Covenant Health is committed to providing you the best care possible. We know clinical outcomes are what you care about most, and we continuously push to ensure we’re delivering the elevated level of care you and your family deserve. We are honored to be recognized for providing the best care within Lubbock and the region.
The Region’s Highest-Ranking Hospital on Clinical Care Metrics
In 2023, U.S. News & World Report ranked:
- Covenant Medical Center (CMC) as the Best Regional Hospital in the Northwestern Texas, continuing a tradition of CMC receiving this recognition
- 17th best hospital in the entire state
- “High Performing” in 10 procedures or conditions, more than any other hospital in the region
- US News and World Report’s “Best Hospital” rankings is the most trusted hospital ranking in the United States – ranking hospitals based on a rigorous methodology that truly gets at quality of care. The rankings are based on the following factors:
- Patient Outcomes (45% of total score)
- Patient Experience (5% of total score)
- Other Care Related Indicators such as patient volume and clinically proven technologies (35% of total score)
- Expert Opinion (15% of total score)
Covenant Medical Center is the Healthgrades most-awarded hospital in the region, with:
- 10 five-star (its highest rating) ratings for: Stroke/Neurosciences, Vascular, Critical Care, Orthopedics, Gastroenterology and Bariatrics
- “High Performing” in 10 procedures and conditions such as Stroke/Neurosciences, Vascular, Critical Care, Orthopedics, Gastroenterology, and Bariatrics.
- Covenant Medical Center also ranked:
- One of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgery
- For Gynecologic Surgery Excellence and Superior Performance in Gynecologic Surgery, ranking among the top 5% of hospitals evaluated for Gynecologic Surgery
The Region’s Highest Level of Stroke/Neurosciences Care
Covenant Medical Center is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in West Texas and Eastern New Mexico. Covenant Medical Center was also awarded a Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award by the American Stroke Association for its performance against the Get with the GuidelinesTM stroke management criteria.
A Magnet Designated Hospital
Covenant Medical Center is among the 7% of hospitals in the US that are Magnet Designated.
Magnet Recognition is the “gold standard” in nursing care and has been shown to be tied to:
- Higher patient satisfaction with nurse communication, availability of help, and receipt of discharge information
- Lower risk of 30-day mortality
- Higher job satisfaction among nurses
- Lower nurse reports of intentions to leave their positions
Exceptional Patient Experience
Press Ganey has recognized Covenant Health for exceptional patient care, safety and caregiver satisfaction with the award of multiple awards in 2023:
- Grace Surgical Hospital earned the 2022 Human Experience (HX) Guardian of Excellence Award for being in "the top 5% of healthcare providers in delivering patient experience in the last year."
- Covenant Children's was named a 2022 Human Experience (HX) National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) Award for Outstanding Nursing Quality, becoming one of seven healthcare organizations nationally to be recognized for "outstanding nursing quality."
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses Beacon of Excellence awards are highly coveted awards that speak to the quality of the nursing and in 2023:
- Covenant Specialty Hospital (a long-term acute care facility) was awarded a Gold designation.
- Covenant Medical Center East 7 Oncology was awarded a silver designation.
In 2023, Practice Greenhealth awarded both Covenant Medical Center and Covenant Children’s Hospital the Partner for Change award for minimizing and recycling waste, addressing chemicals of concern, lowering energy and water consumption, sourcing food and products sustainably, and establishing environmentally preferable purchasing criteria.