Humboldt Home and Ambulatory Infusion
There are times when you don’t need full-time hospital care but do need certain kinds of medical assistance. The Humboldt Home & Ambulatory Infusion Program, part of Providence St. Joseph Hospital Eureka is here for those times.
We deliver medications and supplies if you require IV treatments, special feedings or other in-home therapies. We work closely with you, your doctor, family members or caregivers, and when necessary, outside nursing agencies, to help you receive safe, high-quality therapy.
Our team of nurses and pharmacists monitors your care and provides feedback to your doctor. Should you have questions or concerns, we’re available to help, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you’re unable to receive care at home or prefer to come to us, we also provide a pleasant ambulatory infusion clinic.
We offer a variety of therapies and services. Among the most common are:
- Enteral nutrition (tube feedings, liquid supplements, etc.)
- Injections administered under the skin or into a muscle
- IV antibiotics and other IV medications
- Pain management
- Parenteral nutrition (intravenous delivery of nutrition)
- Peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) placement and IV management