Intel Connected Care with Providence
Secure email or chat via myProvidence
(Log in, then click Contact Us)
A number of new Primary Care Providers (PCPs) joined the Intel Connected Care network last year and are continuing to provide the level of quality care you can trust. View or download the entire list.
You have two Intel Connected Care options with Providence:
- Effective March 1, 2023, American Imaging Management/AIM Specialty Health and Beacon Health Options changed their names to Carelon. AIM transitioned to Carelon Medical Benefits Management, and Beacon Health Options transitioned to Carelon Behavioral Health. Wherever you used to see AIM or Beacon referenced, you will now see Carelon. If you have questions about this change, please call 800-878-4445.
Features of the 2023 HDHP and Primary Care Plus plans:
You pay less when you receive care from in-network providers and facilities.
Out of network preventive care will be subject to deductible and coinsurance. You will pay 40% of the cost after deductible.
In-network preventive care will continue to be paid at 100% with no deductible. The in-network coinsurance also remains at 5% after deductible.
For certain medications. They are noted within the formulary with “ACA Preventive.” You also have access to up to a 90-day supply of a prescription drug from a retail pharmacy or from our mail-order service.
You’ll need to meet an annual deductible for many services, then the plan begins to pay for covered services.
- The HDHP has a higher deductible because you can offset the high deductible by making pre-tax contributions to a Health Savings Account to pay for eligible health care expenses
- The Primary Care Plus plan has a lower annual deductible. You do not need to meet the annual deductible before the plan pays for in-network primary care office visits and prescription drugs
Get the care you’re looking for from your Medical Home plus additional support from a dedicated Connected Care team just for Intel members. They are available to members who live with asthma, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, tobacco use, weight-control issues and many other chronic conditions.
Both Connected Care plans offer benefits for primary care visits in the clinic or virtually through an eVisit, phone visit or web-based video visit.
Here are some resources to help you understand your benefits and use them fully:
Intel Connected Care with Providence is excited to announce an opportunity for eligible employees and dependents to join Virta – a new type 2 diabetes reversal benefit – at no cost to you. Virta can help you lower your blood sugar, reduce your need for diabetes medications (including insulin) and lose weight.
As an Intel Connected Care Plan member, certain prescription medications are covered at 100%. See the list of preventive medications covered under the ACA. Plus, you have access to more than 34,000 participating pharmacies. When you need a prescription, you can fill in a number of ways:
- A retail pharmacy
- A preferred retail pharmacy
- A mail-order pharmacy
Use one of the following services to fill your 90-day supply of a maintenance medication:
Use a retail pharmacy. You can receive up to a 90 day supply at any retail pharmacy that is part of our network of pharmacies.
Use a preferred retail pharmacy. Providence has a network of preferred retail pharmacies where you can obtain a 90-day supply at a preferred price. This list of preferred retail pharmacies includes but is not limited to: Albertsons/Sav-On, Bartell Drugs, Costco, Fred Meyers, QFC, Safeway, Walgreens.
Use a mail order pharmacy. A mail-order pharmacy can provide up to a 90-day supply of maintenance medications and specializes in direct delivery to your home.
Postal Prescription Services
503-797-2100 or 800-552-6694
Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
Mailing address: P.O. Box 2718, Portland, OR 97208
Automated refill line available 24/7, 365 days a year: 800-552-6694
Costco Home Delivery
Monday to Friday, 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. PT; Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
Pharmacy is available 24/7 to refill prescriptions, order new prescriptions and check prescription status.
Mailing address: 802 134th St. SW, Ste 140, Everett, WA 98204-7314
Contact Costco Home Delivery Pharmacy by email
All covered members and their qualified dependents have access to these mail order pharmacies. Your network provisions may require the use of just one of these mail order pharmacies for coverage. Please call the Providence Health Plan Pharmacy Department at 877-216-3644 if you have questions.
A formulary is a list of brand-name, generic and specialty medications developed by physicians and pharmacists for the purpose of promoting safe, effective and affordable drug therapy. All medications on the Providence formulary have Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval. The formulary can help you and your physician choose effective medications that minimize your out-of-pocket expense.
Every day our physicians, nurses, researchers and staff are working to improve the health of the communities we serve, provide high-quality, compassionate care, and earn high-satisfaction scores from our patients and customers. Here are some of our achievements:
- A fully integrated health system with the largest network of primary care clinics, specialty services and hospitals in Oregon
- Improved access to care with extended weekday and weekend hours at our eight immediate care clinics and options for patients to communicate via email with their physicians
- Innovative products, such as Providence ExpressCare Virtual, which enables you to have secure video-based visits with a Providence provider for minor health conditions from a smartphone, tablet or computer
- Experts in pregnancy care: Try out our new app for new and expectant moms, Circle by Providence
- Leaders in children’s health care: Providence cares for more children in Oregon than any other health care system and Providence St. Vincent Medical Center has the only children’s emergency department in West Portland.
- “Top Hospital” honors from The Leapfrog Group, a national nonprofit organization recognizing hospitals that demonstrate the highest standards in quality of care and resource use, lower infection rates, higher survival rates for high-risk procedures, decreased lengths of stay and fewer re-admissions. Providence Portland and Providence St. Vincent medical centers were the only two Oregon hospitals on the list.
With a range of services – clinics, hospitals, home health, rehab, labs, imaging and more – Providence is uniquely positioned to offer a highly connected experience of care.
Need a new patient appointment or a primary care provider? The New Patient Staff can help you find the right provider for you at 503-582-2195.
Have a benefits question? Need help with pharmacy? The Dedicated Customer Service team is available to answer questions about your health plan benefits. Email or call 503-574-5100 or 855-210-1590.
Have questions about a health concern? Call a member of the Dedicated Intel Connected Care team who will provide support and help coordinate your care especially if you’re living with a chronic condition or a more complicated health need. Email or call 503-216-1646.
For behavioral health crisis, call our 24/7 Crisis Care Line at 800-878-4445
- Immediate access 24/7
- Team trained in crisis triage care
- Real time referrals
- Urgent Care needs for inpatient and residential care or partial hospital care
For other behavioral health needs, use the on-line Intel Connected Care with Providence Directory.
Understand Intel Connected Care
Get answers to commonly asked questions about Intel Connected Care, and what Connected Care with Providence can mean for you and your family.