Make the Most of Your Benefits
Learn how to make the most of your Connected Care Plan benefits. Taking advantage of some of these tips can even help you save when you receive care.
As a result of the federal health care reform legislation passed in 2010, Providence will cover certain preventive services in full when received from an in-network provider. Use your preventive service benefits to help achieve good health and get the most from your Connected Care plan with Providence.
When you receive care from in-network – contracted – providers you receive high-quality, coordinated care and usually pay less out-of-pocket for health care services.
Knowing when and where to get care is essential to your health and your wallet.
- If you need medical advice, call your Providence medical home clinic, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If you want to see a provider conveniently at work, visit Intel’s Health for Life Center.
- If you have a minor health concern (such as a cough or cold), access care with Providence ExpressCare Virtual to see a Providence provider for a video visit through a secure internet connection on your computer, smartphone or tablet.
- If you'd prefer an in-person visit, Providence ExpressCare offers same-day visits and extended hours seven days a week, for the things you can’t treat at home. Find convenient locations inside your neighborhood Walgreens or at a free-standing clinic.
- If you experience a health care need that requires immediate attention, but is not an emergency (such as minor cuts or burns, sprains or strains), Providence Immediate Care options are available. Providence has eight Immediate Care locations in the Portland metro-area which are open after hours and on weekends.
- If you're experiencing a life-threatening situation, always seek emergency care at the nearest hospital or call 911.
When you have these options, choose generics, use preferred pharmacies and fill 90-day supplies of maintenance medications at a preferred retail pharmacy. Be sure to have certain medications prior authorized before they are filled. For questions about your pharmacy benefits, call a dedicated Intel customer service team member at 503-574-5100 or 855-210-1590.