People recover much more quickly when they are in the comfort and familiarity of their own home. Providence Home Services helps patients who are recovering from, or living with, an acute or chronic illness to receive care at home. We work collaboratively with physicians and other health care providers to ensure continuity of care and to help patients transition from an inpatient environment back to their home.
Our care includes skilled-nursing and therapy for any chronic or acute illness. Patients do not need to have been hospitalized to receive home services. Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of care while respecting your privacy and independence.
Part of Providence Senior and Community Services, Providence Home Services serves all communities within King County. Our values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship guide our actions and describe the qualities we strive for as people and employees of Providence Health & Services.
We are a non-profit, state licensed home health agency certified by Medicare and Medicaid.
Our goal is to ensure the highest level of individualized care for each patient. We also provide training and support for caregivers. Your team of highly-skilled professionals may consist of one or more of the following:
- Nurses who evaluate and monitor your condition, develop a personalized care plan, administer treatments, medication, wound care, and provide education to you and your family to help manage your health care needs.
- Physical therapists who provide training in mobility and develop individualized exercise programs that improve strength and balance to maximize your independence. Special attention is paid to accessibility and safety in your home.
- Occupational therapists who assist you to become independent with personal care, cooking, home management and other activities of daily living that include safety and equipment evaluation and training.
- Speech therapists who evaluate and treat speech, language, swallowing and cognitive disorders.
- Medical social workers who are skilled in dealing with illness and injury and can help you and your family adjust to new or changing life situations. They can help you apply for government support programs and help identify community service agencies that offer additional services.
- Home health aides who, under the supervision of a nurse or therapist, can assist you with personal care such as bathing, hair, skin and nail care, and can check your blood pressure and pulse rates.
We will provide services under orders from your physician and will help you achieve your health care goals. As an important extension of your doctor's care, we will continually communicate important information about your ongoing care and progress.
Thank you for the trust you’ve placed in us to provide your patients with exceptional home health care. It’s a privilege to provide your patients with the best possible nursing care or therapy services in a timely manner. We serve patients in Western Washington and in the Spokane region.
For your convenience, you can fax your referral to us or you may call our access services department directly.
- Call: 800-221-8022
- Fax your orders to: 425-525-6825
- Call: 800-221-8022
- Fax your orders to: 360-486-6946
- Call: 509-534-4300 and select option 2 from the menu
- Fax your orders for new patients to: 509-536-6476
- Fax your existing patient orders to: 509-688-1901
- Call: 800-221-8022
- Fax your orders to: 425-261-4860
When you call or fax us with your patient referral, please provide the following information:
- Patient name
- Name of the primary physician
- Description of the health problem or concern
- Services ordered: RN, PT, OT, SLP or support services SW, HHA
- Patient’s date of birth
- Patient’s social security number and Medicare or insurance number
- Patient’s address and phone number
- Patient’s family contact/emergency phone numbers
- Hospital or skilled nursing facility information
- Patient’s history and physical exam results
- Patient’s medication list
- A signed physician’s order
Our team will conduct an in-home assessment after we receive your referral. Once the in-home visit is completed, our clinician will call or fax your to review the plan of care.
Patients must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for home health:
- A physician orders home health treatment for the patient
- Patient is homebound as required by insurance coverage
- Patient has a medical necessity
- Patient requires skilled care (not custodial) care