Reconstructive surgery is covered by most health insurance policies, but coverage for specific procedures and levels of coverage vary.
Reconstructive surgery involves fixing an abnormal body part or facial feature and reconstructing it to appear normal. We also offer some cosmetic surgery options, including:
- Abdominoplasty & panniculectomy (tummy tuck)
- Skin reduction after bariatric surgery
- Arm and thigh lifts
- Removal and repair for skin lesions and cancers
- Wound repair, flaps, grafts
- Facial injuries and fractures
Our hands are vital to our ability to interact with the world around us. When you have pain, injury or a deformity to your hands, you need the attention of a specialized provider to help restore your hands to as close to their normal function as possible.
Surgical services offered at Providence help patients with hand and finger injuries, as well as hand and finger deformities that could have developed over time or been there since birth. They include:
Hand trauma, fractures, and ligament injuries
- Tendon repairs, transfers, reconstructions
- Nerve repairs, carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome
- Surgery for rheumatoid and degenerative arthritis
- Dupuytren’s disease
- Ganglion cysts and other tumors
- Congenital deformities and syndactyly
Breast augmentation (enlargement) or reduction is usually done for cosmetic reasons and performed by a plastic surgeon. Sometimes, breast reduction is considered a medical necessity and is covered by insurance. This is usually if the size of the breast causes headaches; pain in the neck, shoulders or upper back; kyphosis (curving of the spine that causes hunching over); or pain from bra straps cutting into the shoulders.
Breast reconstruction is usually performed by a plastic surgeon and is most often done to rebuild the size and shape of a breast after it has been removed (mastectomy) to treat breast cancer. In the U.S. insurances are required to cover breast reconstruction following mastectomy for the breast that was removed, as well as the opposite breast to achieve the best possible symmetry. Reconstruction can be done using a number of different synthetic and natural materials.
Breast surgery services offered in Walla Walla include:
- Breast augmentation or enhancement
- Breast reduction, breast lift
- Breast reconstruction
- Congenital asymmetry or deformity repair
Find a Doctor
At Providence Plastic and Hand Surgery - Walla Walla, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.