The transitional years between childhood and adulthood are filled with exciting – and sometimes challenging – physical, emotional and social changes. Because your teenager is quickly shaping into the person they will be for the rest of their life and gaining more independence every day, it’s important to educate them on how to manage these changes in a healthy way.
Our adolescent medicine providers partner with your teen to address any health challenges they may be facing. We know that a teen’s future is greatly impacted by the health choices they make now. Our team is specially trained to care for the unique needs of adolescents.
Our team offers experienced care for common teenage health issues, such as:
- Academic concerns, including school avoidance and school failure
- Adolescent adjustment disorders
- Eating disorders
- Menstrual cycle problems
- Poor medical compliance
- Sexual health issues
- Substance abuse
We use the latest evidence-based treatments and methods in adolescent medicine. Services we provide include:
- Adolescent gynecology
- Care for adolescents with special health care needs
- Nutrition and exercise evaluation and counseling
- HIV testing and counseling
- Overall well-being assessment
- Parent/child conflict counseling
- Pregnancy prevention counseling
- Sexually transmitted disease testing and treatment
- Substance abuse assessment and referral
Your child’s adolescent medicine care team at Providence is led by experienced adolescent medicine doctors. These doctors are specifically trained to treat the special health concerns facing teens.
Adolescent medicine doctors can also manage your teen’s primary health care needs or work with your family’s pediatrician or primary care provider to coordinate care.