Soup recipes from the Sisters of Providence for Table of the King event
It is more important now than ever before to unite in celebration. In previous years, we have observed Table of the King by sharing soup and bread in honor of Blessed Émilie Gamelin, foundress of the Sisters of Providence. We invite caregivers to celebrate Table of the King safely using one or more of our virtual options or by donating to the worthy partners and funds listed below. You can watch a video highlighting Table of the King (best viewed in Chrome).
Table of the King is a meaningful reminder about our deep commitment to serving all people, especially those who are poor and vulnerable. To commemorate, we donate to charitable partners, listed below. Additionally, Rod Hochman, president and CEO at Providence, announced on Monday, Sept. 14, that the system has established the Helping Hands fund for caregivers affected by the wildfires in California and Oregon. Donations will aid our caregivers to offset the long-term economic effects of the wildfires. Donate to the Helping Hands fund .
- System-wide support: Helping Hands fund
- Alaska: Brother Francis Shelter
- SoCal: Rescue Mission
- Montana: Mission Valley Food Pantry, St. Ignatius
- Oregon: Blanchet House
- Texas/New Mexico: South Plains Food Bank or St. Benedict’s Chapel (Soup Kitchen)
- Washington: Regina House
Providence caregivers will be participating in the Table of the King event virtually this year. Below are some of the ways caregivers across our regions are paying their respects to this important annual event.
- Making soup from recipes provided by the Sisters of Providence and Sisters of St. Joseph. View the recipes.
- Donate to the regional charitable partner listed above, the Helping Hand fund for caregivers affected by the wildfires in California and Oregon, or to a charity of your choice.
- Read from or display Table of the King prayer cards. Download a selection.
Anyone can provide support to the poor and vulnerable during this challenging time. If you’d like to support caregivers affected by the West Coast wildfires or simply donate to one of the charities above, we welcome your participation.