For people who suffer from peripheral vascular disease, Providence can help. Our specialists continually study the latest methods and techniques to treat all forms of vascular and peripheral vascular disease. And their combined expertise means you get the information you need to learn about your condition, get tips on prevention and make an informed choice about your options for treatment.
Vascular surgery is used to treat conditions affecting your arteries, veins and lymphatic system. Depending on your condition, your surgeon may use a minimally invasive endovascular technique, which reduces the amount of time you spend in the hospital and allows faster recovery. Your surgeon will review your condition and determine the best approach for your care.
Vascular surgery may be used to treat the following conditions:
- Severe atherosclerotic disease
- Trauma to blood vessels
- Deep venous thrombosis
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Varicose and spider veins
- Venous skin ulcers
Heart valves such as the mitral, aortic and triscuspid valves may require surgical treatment when they are not properly pumping blood through the heart. Most operations are performed on the mitral or aortic valves, both located in the left side of the heart. Surgery for the triscuspid valve, located on the right side of the heart, is much less common and often occurs when the mitral or aortic valve also needs surgery.
Types surgeries performed at Providence include:
- Aortic valve surgery
- Balloon angioplasty
- Bicuspid aortic valve repair
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Endovascular surgical procedures
- MAZE procedure and mitral valve repair
- Minimally invasive mitral valve surgery
- Peripheral intervention
- Repair of enlarged aorta (aneurysm and dissection)
- Repair of valve tears or holes
- Stent grafting
- Thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR)
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Tricuspid valve repair and replacement
Doctors Specializing in Vascular Surgery
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.