1. Information Collected by Providence
Providence may collect, process, and retain information from you and any devices you may use when you use or interact with Express Care Virtual, and in other ways described below.
Information You Give to Providence: We receive and store information you enter on Express Care Virtual or give us in any other way, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, photographs, payment information, and any other information that you may provide.
Information We Automatically Collect: We collect information about your use of Express Care Virtual, such as the pages you view and other interactions you have. We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with Express Care Virtual. This information includes computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from Express Care Virtual, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, search terms and search results, referral URL, ad data, browser used, your IP address, device identifiers, and more. This information also may include your browsing history, transaction history, and your web log information.
Location Information: When you use Express Care Virtual, Providence may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. Location information allows us to optimize or improve Express Care Virtual and Providence products, services and operations and enable Providence to perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses.
Information From Social Media: When you interact with Providence or Express Care Virtual on a social media platform, Providence may collect the personal information that you make available on that page, including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts. If you choose to log in to your account with or through a social networking service, Providence and that service may share certain information about you and your activities.
Information From Other Sources: We may supplement the personal information we collect with information from third parties or collected offline, such as information collected by Providence in person at our facilities, or collected over the phone and add it to your account information. This information may include, but is not limited to, demographic information, additional contact information, occupational information, and educational background.
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Providence may send users information about features and enhancements on Express Care Virtual.
- Providence may use your personal information to personalize content, including providing recommendations based on preferences.
- Providence may use your personal information to send newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by e-mail, text, or other mediums.
- Providence may use your personal information to improve our products, services and operations.
- Providence may use your personal information to perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses.
- Providence will not disclose any personal information obtained through the Providence site for any third party marketing purposes.
- Providence may use personal information collected during registration for Express Care Virtual, activities or classes, to administer such services, activities or classes.
- Providence will disclose personal information when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
We share your personal information with third parties as described below. In addition, we may share information that does not specifically and personally identify you, such as aggregate information, device identifiers or other unique identifiers to third parties. For information about how to manage your information and the choices you have, see Limiting the Use of Your Personal Information below.
Third-Party Service Providers: We engage third-party service providers to perform functions on our behalf such as: hosting, analytics, customer service, and fraud protection. These third parties may have access to your personal information when needed to perform their functions. If we share information with these third parties that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, or phone number, we will require the third parties to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information, and they will be restricted from using, selling, or distributing such personally identifiable information in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Web site or as otherwise required or expressly permitted by law.
Like many websites, Express Care Virtual uses tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons to record session information, track the use of our Web site and monitor traffic.
A “cookie” is a small set of computer data which allows Web servers, like the Web servers used to host Express Care Virtual, to maintain records of the activities of users visiting Web sites and to help us serve you better by improving our website design. Cookies may be used to customize the delivery of content based on your usage patterns and interests.
- Unregistered users may have cookies placed on their computers for use in customizing the delivery of content based on usage patterns and interests.
- Registered users may have cookies placed on their computers to allow their experience of Express Care Virtual to be customized and facilitated. For example, a class registration form may have the User’s name and address entered as a convenience to the User.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Web site may not work or may not work as designed.
5. Third-Party Advertising Partners
In addition to using cookies and related technologies as described above, we use third-party service providers to serve interest-based advertisements for Providence products and services across the Internet. These service providers may collect non-identifiable information about your interactions with our website through the use of these technologies. In the course of serving these advertisements, these third party companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer, and may record information to these cookies based upon your activities on any of our sites and/or services and on third party websites. Each of these companies uses this cookie information according to their own privacy and security policies. If you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertisements, you may opt-out as indicated below. Please note that you will continue to receive generic advertisements.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices for not having this information used by third-party service providers for this purpose, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. As uniform standards have not been adopted, we do not currently respond to browser “do not track” signals. For more information regarding “Do Not Track”, please visit “All About Do Not Track."
6. Safeguards for Protection of Personal Information
Providence employs reasonable security measures to help protect the personal information collected through Express Care Virtual. Please understand, however, that while Providence tries our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You can help protected the privacy of your own information by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized interception of your personal information. You are responsible for the security of any personal information that you transmit, view, download, or otherwise access when using unencrypted, public or otherwise unsecured networks.
7. Limiting the Use of Your Personal Information
In many instances, you have choices about the information you provide and how Providence uses that information. These choices are described in detail below.
Marketing Emails: When you create an account through Express Care Virtual or sign up for certain communications, you are required to provide Providence with an accurate e-mail address through which Providence may contact you. Such registration or requests through Express Care Virtual constitutes your express acknowledgment that Providence may use your e-mail address to communicate with you about product offerings from Providence or our selected vendors and partners. While you cannot opt-out of receiving notifications and other communications regarding your account or your transactions, you can opt-out of receiving promotional and other marketing emails from Providence by using the “unsubscribe” feature in our marketing e-mails or contacting [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Location Tracking: Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of precise location services by any application on your mobile device through the device’s settings’ menu.
8. Questions or Concerns
If you have questions or are concerned that any of your privacy rights have been violated, please contact our Privacy Office:
Washington and Montana, 855-768-7145
You can also file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 877-696-6775, or visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.