Markets are shifting to value-based care to prepare for anticipated changes in health care reimbursement. By joining Alaska Health Alliance with Providence, Anchorage-area providers can shape and direct how we meet the growing demand for value-based care.
Together, providers in our clinically integrated network will be able to:
- Collaboratively negotiate and contract with preferred provider organizations and other fee-for-service health plans.
- Share data and metrics for performance, quality, value and efficiency.
- Foster improved health outcomes across the continuum of care.
Participating providers can review all network policies, procedures, standards, criteria and requirements developed by the network, including:
- Criteria for provider participation in the network.
- All quality, cost-effectiveness and patient access metrics.
- Value-based contracting standards.
- Bonus and incentive distribution methodologies adopted by the board of managers.
- Physician accountability through performance evaluation, improvement and remediation.
Contracting and Participation in Payer Contracts
Because we are a clinically integrated network, our value-based payer contracts will involve true collective negotiations on behalf of participating physician practices and will encompass a broad array of value-based arrangements, including quality-enhanced fee schedules, care management fees, shared savings bonuses and pay-for-performance incentives.
Confidentiality, Privacy and Security
Alaska Health Alliance with Providence will keep your claims data and individual performance results under the clinical integration program confidential and will not share your specific information with Providence hospitals or contracted health plans without your explicit authorization. And to protect the privacy and security of patient information, we will enter into a HIPAA business associate agreement with your practice.